Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

  Technibble Sponsor

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-10-2008, 05:21 AM
jamesbhp's Avatar
jamesbhp jamesbhp is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 49
jamesbhp is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Starting Soon

I will probably let my current employer know soon, that I will be switching over to part time; so I can go live with my home-based business. Hopefully I can start looking for clients by mid April or beginning of May.

I am currently transferring my domain over to a new host, but would like to get some opinions and suggestions to see if I left anything out. So I'll post the temporary address, while I wait for the DNS to resolve. http://ascension.globat.com/~computek-solutions.com/

I will probably add certification logos, affiliation logos, and some reseller logos to the site. I just need a web presence for the time being so I went with something simple.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-10-2008, 08:19 AM
generalj generalj is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Keizer, Oregon
Posts: 214
generalj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbhp View Post
I will probably let my current employer know soon, that I will be switching over to part time; so I can go live with my home-based business. Hopefully I can start looking for clients by mid April or beginning of May.

I am currently transferring my domain over to a new host, but would like to get some opinions and suggestions to see if I left anything out. So I'll post the temporary address, while I wait for the DNS to resolve. http://ascension.globat.com/~computek-solutions.com/

I will probably add certification logos, affiliation logos, and some reseller logos to the site. I just need a web presence for the time being so I went with something simple.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Very nice. this is the design I love. Simple, clean and easy to navigate.

A lot of ppl get distracted with a lot of content and get lost on the point of the site. Focus on the services and who you are, make that stand out.

Some certs and logo like that is cool make it little more flavorful. Other then that I think its a great site.

you can check mine out its at www.ptrcomputers.com

its take a min to load because I run it locally here on my own server but I plan to upgrade it somehow for better bandwidth.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2008, 09:41 AM
mh348 mh348 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Africa
Posts: 153
mh348 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalj View Post
Very nice. this is the design I love. Simple, clean and easy to navigate.

A lot of ppl get distracted with a lot of content and get lost on the point of the site. Focus on the services and who you are, make that stand out.

Some certs and logo like that is cool make it little more flavorful. Other then that I think its a great site.

you can check mine out its at www.ptrcomputers.com

its take a min to load because I run it locally here on my own server but I plan to upgrade it somehow for better bandwidth.
I like your design, can you possible share the Web Template with me??
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2008, 02:21 PM
focuz focuz is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 300
focuz is on a distinguished road
Default

I like the site. Very clean and simple. Did you make the logo/header yourself or have someone else do it, I have to ask because I consider myself artistically retarded and can never think of cool designs.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-10-2008, 02:27 PM
cmonova's Avatar
cmonova cmonova is online now
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,431
cmonova will become famous soon enough
Default thoughts

mh348..you can get that template on monstertemplates for like $60+


Jamesbhp....Here are my suggestions:

Not sure what the below means. Call you for an evalutaion of what? If I have a virus I call you for an evaluation? I would put a little more info on that one.
"Call us at 201.451.4957 or fill out the form @ Free Evaluation for a free evaluation"

No Image tags in site
No Site map in site

The Client List is wierd. Not sure I get *Listed by industry..
So for "Truck Repairs"..That means you have worked on computers
for people that do truck repairs? Kind of different....

Partners - coming soon? Don't care for the coming soon thing.
If you know you want that page then put something on it.

Remote- Same thing.

Contact Us- I would use a contact form for a few reasons. First is if I am
at work using Outlook and I want to email you I have to cut and paste your
email address into my mail program because I do not want to e-mail you from
my companies e-mail address. Much easier for people to fill out a contact
form and click on submit.

You have nothing in these tags:
<meta name="description" content="description goes here" />
<meta name="keywords" content="keywords,goes,here" />

Overall I do like how clean it is...Might want to add a few more images
in order to do some image tags.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2008, 02:30 PM
focuz focuz is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 300
focuz is on a distinguished road
Default

I am going to have to give a high five for Mr. Nova. I agree with all the suggestions, I'm surprised you went that much into it to even notice the meta tags. I should have you critic my site, lol
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2008, 04:32 PM
jamesbhp's Avatar
jamesbhp jamesbhp is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 49
jamesbhp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

focuz: I went with Logo Design Guru, for the design of my company logo.

cmonova:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonova View Post

Not sure what the below means. Call you for an evalutaion of what? If I have a virus I call you for an evaluation? I would put a little more info on that one.
"Call us at 201.451.4957 or fill out the form @ Free Evaluation for a free evaluation"
By evaluation, I meant an estimated quote. Or some quick advice if you provide me with the technical situation or scenario proposal. I will look into wording it differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonova View Post
No Image tags in site
No Site map in site
When you say no image tags on my site, are you talking about "alt=?". On another note, not sure if you are aware: http://www.cmonova.com/sitemap.htm, some of those links are pointing to your local hard drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonova View Post
The Client List is wierd. Not sure I get *Listed by industry..
So for "Truck Repairs"..That means you have worked on computers
for people that do truck repairs? Kind of different....
I wanted to emphasize the type of clients I have serviced, without outright listing the companies' name; so I chose to list them by what industry they belong to. I will definitely revise some of those to be worded better. For instance, Truck Repairs will probably be listed as Automotive Repairs, or something similar. 90% of the clients I have serviced or am servicing have been commercial. When I posted truck repairs, I meant trucking companies and repair service shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonova View Post
Partners - coming soon? Don't care for the coming soon thing.
If you know you want that page then put something on it.

Remote- Same thing.
I will remove "coming soon," shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonova View Post
Contact Us- I would use a contact form for a few reasons. First is if I am
at work using Outlook and I want to email you I have to cut and paste your
email address into my mail program because I do not want to e-mail you from
my companies e-mail address. Much easier for people to fill out a contact
form and click on submit.
Great idea and suggestion. Doing as much work as I do on exchange and outlook, I completely forgot about the users not sending from their work addresses. A lot of these hospitals and retirement homes don't have external email privileges setup for the workers. Definitely thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonova View Post
You have nothing in these tags:
<meta name="description" content="description goes here" />
<meta name="keywords" content="keywords,goes,here" />

Overall I do like how clean it is...Might want to add a few more images
in order to do some image tags.
I will work on the meta tags today and add some images soon enough. Thank you for the critique and helpful suggestions.

Last edited by jamesbhp; 03-10-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-10-2008, 04:18 PM
geekhelp4u's Avatar
geekhelp4u geekhelp4u is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cypress, Texas
Posts: 839
geekhelp4u will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to geekhelp4u
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalj View Post
Very nice. this is the design I love. Simple, clean and easy to navigate.

A lot of ppl get distracted with a lot of content and get lost on the point of the site. Focus on the services and who you are, make that stand out.

Some certs and logo like that is cool make it little more flavorful. Other then that I think its a great site.

you can check mine out its at www.ptrcomputers.com

its take a min to load because I run it locally here on my own server but I plan to upgrade it somehow for better bandwidth.
I like you site also, but a few things i noticed... the Support and the FAQ links at the top of you content section do not work!

Additionally... was Jeremy a contractor in Iraq or a soldier? US Army 25U Primary, 25B secondary here!
__________________
-----------------------------------
Chris Pfeffer

Military: United States Army Communications and Networking Specialist
Civilian: Service Desk Team Lead


http://www.geekhelp4u.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-10-2008, 08:14 PM
generalj generalj is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Keizer, Oregon
Posts: 214
generalj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhelp4u View Post
I like you site also, but a few things i noticed... the Support and the FAQ links at the top of you content section do not work!

Additionally... was Jeremy a contractor in Iraq or a soldier? US Army 25U Primary, 25B secondary here!
I was a soldier, 25l with 25u secondary.

btw. yeah it was a template I bought from online for 60$.
I don't have time to design my own right now because I am busy with other business stuff and I wanted to get a site presence up so I went with it.

http://www.ptrcomputers.com/metal/ this is one I am designing myself that I will have setup for my company sometime.

Last edited by generalj; 03-10-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-10-2008, 11:13 PM
cmonova's Avatar
cmonova cmonova is online now
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,431
cmonova will become famous soon enough
Default alt

yes I meant "alt" tags.
And "yes" i'm aware my site got messed up. Actually gave the responsibility of my new hire to make some changes and of course our site is the one she screwed up.. I think it's fixed now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Technibble.com is based out of MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA.