Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > General Computer Chit-Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-25-2006, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Bryce W will become famous soon enough
Default Computer or Client Pet Peeves

What are your pet peeves with computers or clients?

My 2 main ones are:

1. When people say "Nortons", as in plural. "Ive got a copy of Nortons installed. Nortons should protect me."

2. When people say that "its only a small problem and it wont take long" over the phone just before I arrive on location, because when I do get there its always the longest jobs.
"Its only a small problem and it wont take long, my computer randomly reboots and I cannot reproduce it. Also my computers explorer.exe wont boot".

For advertising rates, Technibble product support (questions, replacements etc..) please email: support [at] technibble.com
Old 05-28-2006, 04:02 AM

PCGuy101 is on a distinguished road

One that really gets me is when people spam on forums to try to win posting contests, or to accumulate points, etc:

"Good tutorial, it really helped me!"
and
"Hmm, thanks, now I know how to do that!"

Because in all honesty, when most people look at tutorials, they don't remember it off of their first time doing it, and when they post the same comment to 10 different responses, it aggravates me.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:04 AM

Duality is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCGuy101
One that really gets me is when people spam on forums to try to win posting contests, or to accumulate points, etc:

"Good tutorial, it really helped me!"
and
"Hmm, thanks, now I know how to do that!"

Because in all honesty, when most people look at tutorials, they don't remember it off of their first time doing it, and when they post the same comment to 10 different responses, it aggravates me.
This gets me angry too. Or when I'm in the middle of making a business deal with someone over the internet and they don't come back, then they blame you.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:06 AM
Administrator

Bryce W will become famous soon enough

Here is a computer related annoyance I recently ran into.

Norton Antivirus's files got damaged somehow which also killed the internet connection. So I went to uninstall it via Add/Remove Programs and it wouldnt uninstall. I have come across this before and I had my trusty SymNRT.exe on my USB stick.

SymNRT.exe is a Norton AV removal tool designed for situations like this. I run it and it says "this removal tool is out of date, please visit our website for an updated version". This is the first time Ive ever seen this message.

Since the dead Norton nuked the internet connection on the PC I was trying to fix, I went to the site on my laptop with the intention of downloading it and transfer it to the damaged PC using a USB stick.

I get to the website, I try looking for a download link of SymNRT.exe it but they now say that removing it can only be done online...by installing an activeX control from the site using the internet disabled computer... What the hell?! *eye twitches*

See for yourself:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039

For advertising rates, Technibble product support (questions, replacements etc..) please email: support [at] technibble.com

Last edited by Bryce W; 08-04-2006 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:57 PM

Blues is on a distinguished road

and thus bryce yet another reason I do not like the Norton products
Old 07-18-2007, 10:01 PM

gunslinger has a spectacular aura aboutgunslinger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to gunslinger

when people call their tower a hard drive or a modem