Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-18-2010, 05:46 PM

daquigle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Local yellow pages cost

I got an offer to advertise in the smaller sized yellow pages for just the town here. Sounds like a good deal to me, but it was presented as 'half off' so I was wondering if anybody else advertises in their local book and what the cost is?

I realize this could vary greatly with the size of your location. For me, I was told he was looking for a local computer business, there is only one other business advertising in the computers section and they are not from town. I was quoted $385 for a business card size ad for a year. I asked about just a listing to compare and was quoted $395 for the listing.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:14 PM

BigJohnJ is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a call last Monday from Yellow Book. Their offer for a business card size add in the local yellow book and online at yellowbook.com for a year would be $49.00 a month. I think that is a little high for my area.

John
Old 03-18-2010, 06:18 PM

usacvlr is on the way

We advertise in 3 books. One is 263 a year another is 40 a month. I don't recall what the third book costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daquigle View Post
I got an offer to advertise in the smaller sized yellow pages for just the town here. Sounds like a good deal to me, but it was presented as 'half off' so I was wondering if anybody else advertises in their local book and what the cost is?

I realize this could vary greatly with the size of your location. For me, I was told he was looking for a local computer business, there is only one other business advertising in the computers section and they are not from town. I was quoted $385 for a business card size ad for a year. I asked about just a listing to compare and was quoted $395 for the listing.

You Break It. We Fix It!
http://www.usalaptoprepair.com
Old 03-19-2010, 06:06 AM

J-Bob is an unknown quantity at this point

YellowPages aren't worth the cost (in my opinion) if you start getting flowery with your ads. A simply, small box of info performs just as well as opposed to a massive, $500 /month YellowPage ad.
I pay $52 bucks a month, but that'll probably only bring me 1 or two extra customers every few months.
It's a dying breed of advertising, now that people usually use Google, call their friends, or just hit the local shopping areas.
The + of YellowPages is, people only look in them when they're going to spend money- so you might as well be in there!
Radio and theater screen adverts are manymanymany times more fruitful in my town (everyone listens to only two radio stations, KTKN and KRBD ~ but even then, Radio advertising can cost about $400 /month for cheep packages...)

YES- YellowPages
But DO NOT put a lot of money into it, until you know people use it in your town.

Different means for different areas.
Welcome to the future, Google's been waiting for you.
"Google it" before you ask.