PDA

View Full Version : Geswall

Tweak
10-01-2009, 04:13 AM
http://www.gentlesecurity.com/

GentleSecurityWall ensures safe use of internet and network services. It enforces mandatory access control policy, which maintains confidentiality of your data, prevents damage from intrusions and malicious software: viruses, worms, spyware, key loggers etc.

Underlying technology bridges strong GeSWall security with great usability. Being non-intrusive for a user GeSWall requires no or minimal configuration and enforces protection once installed.

I use Threatfire x64 beta with my Win7 Ult x64 install but for x86 this is a GREAT app that works well. I have read and agree we are in a whole new world of virus/spyware and such and the best way seems to be stopping it before it happens. Intrusion detection and blocking is going to be one of the best ways to make this possible, I have Avira Antivir using secure start to have it be given priority during system bootup, Threatfire or Geswall, and Malwarebytes, SuperAnti for manual scanning and can pretty much go anywhere and stay trouble free and clean with an OS for at leat 2 yrs easy. Thing is this, if clients stay that way business suffers...so you gotta keep that in mind I suppose but I'd like to always offer the best of the best and try my best to work smarter, not harder.