PDA

View Full Version : What Happened in this Picture? [melted PC]

Bryce W
06-09-2007, 05:41 AM
I was looking through some of my old folders and found this picture. No idea of the source or what happened to it. Im guessing that it could be from a network/phone cable getting struck by lightning which fed into the network card /modem. however, there are no open PCI holes in the back for where one could have been. What do you guys think? Anyone seen anything like this?

Buzz
06-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Brings a new meaning to Deep Fry lol. I have never seen a mobo that bad. It looks like it was in a house fire :eek:. BTW Hello Knuckles10

Dream Aura Knight
06-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Possibly an overclock gone wrong?

It looks to me that something was producing too much heat and without enough cooling, it started a mini fire or a mini explosion.

Bryce W
06-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Looking at that picture again, I noticed that the fire looks like it came from the bottom of the case (assuming the case was originally standing upright). The burn marks on the three white wire have an upward pointing triangle and the PCI slots look like they have sagged downwards while they were melting.

It is possible it was a bad overclock like Dream Aura Knight said... perhaps one of the compactors down the bottom caught fire?