PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Support? Selling PCs?

PorterComp
05-22-2007, 06:37 PM
Is being Warranty Authorized worth the hassle? Yes, I would assume it would bring in a customer base, but pound for pound is it worth it?

Also, what about selling PCs? There are dozens of white box computers out there that could be sold...are they worth it?

If you do recommend to do these types of things...where do you go to get started to be "service authorized" and find the "right, good" company to get your white boxes from. I know there's lots of them out there, but who trust?

Later Chumps

tkrabec
05-23-2007, 08:30 AM
It would depend. You need to look at what you'd get from the company for a repair. You also need to find out what the trouble shooting requirements are. You may need to go on site, replace 1 part, then see if it works, if not you may need to follow their procedures taking more time than your own. Then you may need to go back a few more times to replace more bad hardware.

focuz
05-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Doing warranty work would depend on where you live. Since I'm in Detroit, MI Their are a bunch of businesses that buy all their computers from Dell etc. So I'm never without a busy schedule as most of the companies have at least 100 computers, some regular customers have up to 500 or more. If you live in a little town it would probably do you no good.

PorterComp
05-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Ok, so a couple varied opinions.

In the small town I live in, it may be beneficial to provide warranty support for the "major" manufacturers to bring in more business. Ones like HP, Dell, Asus, Emachines, Toshiba, Sony, etc....But how to you go about "getting on their list" so to speak? How do you become warranty authorized?

I know there's little revenue in warranty work, but there is alot in warranty advertising....OR is there?

Later Chumps

Blues
05-24-2007, 02:59 PM
I believe most of the websites for the companies tend to list in some hidden section information on becoming a partner or Authorized Service Center, I think that is the proper term for it. worst is you find a contact on thier website that you can then send your question to.