PDA

View Full Version : HP Photosmart All in One C6100 ???

scottjb78
05-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I will keep this short and too the point.

1) Replaced the printer with a new one and the problem still exists.
2) 2 hour phone call with HP and they've told me that the problem is the computer.
3) The computer has Windows XP Tablet Edition with all the latest updates.
4) Last resort might be reinstalling windows!

For whatever reason the HP software does not communicate with the scanner. When I use the USB cable to communicate Windows XP will see the scanner in device manager and I can make scans with the built in program in windows. When I try to use it via the wireless connection.. the scanning will not work. The printing has never had a problem with either connection type. The HP software will not detect scanner via usb cable or wireless!

The exact error message I get is "An error occurred communicating with the scanning device. Please ensure that the scanning device is connected properly and try again."

I know someone has to have seen this problem! If you have any suggestions please offer them! Thanks!!

tkrabec
05-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Verify that the USB chipset drivers are up to date. Go to the manufacturer's site and download the latest version, also you may want to update the BIOS as well, however, I would try just the chipset 1st since updating BIOS can cause problems if it fails for any reason.

scottjb78
05-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestion!