PDA

View Full Version : Hello

38ffems
05-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Hello everyone,
I am a student at the University of Vermont where I am a Geography major with concentration in Geographical Information Systems, I am also a Computer Science Minor, which i will probably be double majoring in next year. I am also a firefighter/EMT-Basic on two different fire departments. I really want to get into computer repair and hopefully this summer will be working as a tech at a local shop, and if that doesn't work maybe doing some freelancing. This site is awesome and has already proven to be far more valuable than most of the sites I have come across. Who here is A+ certified, or what is everyones opinion on this, I have heard both extremes and would like some info.

Thanks,
Zack

C6Gunner
05-03-2007, 02:14 AM
Hi Zack & welcome to Technibble! I just joined myself.

A+ is the first cert I received (it just made sense in the whole certs flow), and I think that it's a good one to have because, if you want to freelance, or look for a position somewhere, you can use it to 'prove' that you know what you're talking about.

Plus, it takes minimal effort and money to get, and the certificate looks good on a wall. ;)

Steve