PDA

View Full Version : Office virtual telephony extensions and communication

Colerainescotty
09-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I have been trying to setup a virtual PBX for an office with about 5 extensions (all computer terminals with software phone) and need the system connected to the normal BT phone line for external calls and call forwarding.

I have been trying to setup Axon virtual PBX which is great for internal calling. I have a linksys PAP2 adapter - would this be suitable for linking to the external line.

If anyone has any pointers on how to set this up or has used this software id be glad to hear fro you.

If you know of a better solution or software id also be very glad to hear from you.

Colerainescotty
09-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks alot, trixbox seems quite a nice setup. I assume this has to be installed on a dedicated server within the office. Do you use this yourself?

Can the CE edition be used with an external line if I have an FXO adapter?

Chronos74
09-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Yes, trixbox does have to be installed on a dedicated server - the install will wipe out all the data on whatever hard drives are installed on the server. And yes, you can use an external line with an FXO adapter. We used to sell trixbox based systems until about a year ago when we decieded to roll our own - but our in house PBX is still running trixbox 2.6.2 with a few customizations.

Colerainescotty
09-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks alot for your reply. That is very useful information. I will try to get it set up as soon as on an old machine.

:)