PDA

View Full Version : Dropping off PC to apartment complex

certifiedtek
04-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Hi i have to move to a more affordable place and its going to be an apartment complex with 3 floors.

Do you think people/customers wont be comfortable dropping off their pc's there, Like they might see me as a fly by night operation and not be as trusting?

People need to drop off especially if im going to run several hrs of antivirus/spyware, scandisk and defrag...

Do you think they'll still drop off at this location?

Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks Jeff

Bryce W
04-23-2007, 10:15 AM
When I was letting clients drop computers off at my home address, the fact that it was a residential address never really seemed to turn them off. Im not sure if an apartment would turn them off. Perhaps if you made nice mini sign for the front door buzzer next to your name and a sign on your apartment door. Im personally no longer allowing any dropoffs since I hate waiting around for people who are often hours late and I've had a few shady characters which I really dont want to see what the inside of my house looks like.

I hope there an elevator there because lugging old CRT screens and other equipment up stairs will be a pain for you and your clients.

tkrabec
04-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Raise your rates a bit and offer free pickup and delivery with service over X hrs.

MrMille
05-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi Tim,

could you elaborate on that please?

DPCS

tkrabec
05-02-2007, 05:10 AM
More information:
Raise your rates a bit and offer free pickup and delivery with service over X hrs.

(I'm going to assume USD so your percentages increases may need to be tweaked a bit)

I'll assume you're charging $30/hr to people who drop off their computer. Now that you've moved to a new place it becomes harder for people to get to you, and possibly it even looks worse. To combat this you rise your prices to $35 or even $40/hr, but you now offer free pickup and delivery of machines with in a certain "zone" or area. Give this a value of say $15 for a pickup and delivery. Note when you advertise the free pickup and delivery note that it is for a limited time only.

If your prices are higher just increase the the rates a little more.

MrMille
05-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Do you get many people coming to your office/house?

I'm not sure it's entirely desirable.

focuz
05-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Heres the problem with using your home. Once people see what type of stuff you have they base how much they should pay you by that. Example if you have a 50 inch Widescreen LCD sitting in your living room your customers will start to think your charging to much since you can afford nice toys. They hardly think that you can afford things because your just that good of a technician. Also I'm one to not want people to know where I live, to many shady characters where I live.