PDA

View Full Version : Non Genuine Windows

Mac
04-14-2007, 07:16 AM
One thing i have noticed is that a LOT of customers computers are non genuine
What percentage of you customers would you say are running non genuine windows?

"Since WGA launched in July 2005, over 512 million users have attempted to validate their copy of Windows, Microsoft said. Of those, the non-genuine rate was 22.3 percent. 56,000 reports have been made by customers of counterfeit software, which grants that user a free replacement copy of Windows."

In my experiance its closer to %50 or more. Maybe it just seems alot because they cant update and they are the ones having the problems.

tkrabec
04-14-2007, 08:22 AM
I don't normally see that as a problem for my customers I've had 2 problems, 1 involved a lost disk (oem home version for a toshiba) and 1 was a lost key.

Alden
06-10-2007, 05:46 PM
It's always best to take the high road.

I have a client who had a neighbor who was a computer guy. He "hooked him up" with an illegal copy of Windows. I don't recall the specifics, but the tech turned into a real jerk. My client was telling me about their history and I just happend to have a friends nuber at Microsoft on my cell phone. I dialed and passed off the phone for my client to share his experience with the other tech to the wonderful people in Microsoft's legal department.

I saw his company's name in a press release Microsoft released. Turns out, their no longer in business. Fines can be hefty.

A few cut corners or the long term viability of your business. Tough choice, eh?