PDA

View Full Version : Rookie needs help with quote.

gamoon56
04-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Small business with 6 PC’s. 4 PC’s are running Win 98 and are networked to an old Unix based server running a business application. The other 2 are stand alone.

I’m going back and networking 6 new PC’s and a server. Other hardware is a switch, UPS, and VPN Firewall. I’m also going to run the cable for the othe 2 PC’s.

Server 2003 and XP Pro for the software. Also, I’ve got the necessary license and jriver interface from 98 to XP for the 4 PC’s running the business app. I’m also going have R&R basic stuff from old to new PC’s and configure Office apps like Outlook and QuickBooks.

I have no idea how to come up with an estimate on labor! I know from experience that there will always be some configuration issues when you are dealing with something like this. I would appreciate any help with this from some of you with more experience. I need a starting place on how many hours something like this might take.

Thanks!

tkrabec
04-13-2007, 03:08 AM
How long does it take you to set up a machine, completely with migrating user settings, data, etc? let this = C
How long does it take you to run the network cables, I'd say probably 1.5 hrs minimum? let this = N
Time for the server Configuration = S
VPN, Firewall, etc = V
Your estimate should be (6C + N + S +V)*(1.1) + 6 to 8 hrs = time
now time * your_hourly_rate = money for time
add in your hardware with markup and taxes