PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Manual section

focuz
04-03-2007, 06:40 AM
For my current job I run dell and lexmark warrenty calls. If knuckles wants to create some sort of service manual section I can send him straight from the manufacturer service manuals from dell, lexmark, and I also have a few older hp printer manuals in pdf.

pros - It would be very cool to have a section like this especially for all the actual technicians on this site that work on computers for a living. It would also be a whole lot easier to find info on a system and look up error codes etc.

Cons - Maybe not for a site like this as it would absolutely kill the bandwidth with everyone downloading them. It may also bring in a more newbie audience as I'm sure there will be alot of people just searching for manuals and stumble upon the site. Also not quite sure if its all copyrighted and shouldn't be posted online.

Let me know what you guys think. I suppose if its not a good idea I can always just send out individual manuals upon PM request or something through email.

TechPro
04-04-2007, 03:26 AM
Nice idea but it may as you said kill the bandwidth and be copywrite!

Maybe thay would only be availiable to members who have posted so many times? Anyway just an idea.

Lets see what knuckles as to say...

:)

dracken
07-21-2007, 05:23 AM
I know with Apple, Fujitsu and Toshiba, they have their authorized service provider programs which you have to be enrolled in to get to their service manuals.

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/ They have some free DIY guides for apple computers