PDA

View Full Version : [Want To Buy] Elonex branded XP Pro CD

MM PC Solutions
08-12-2009, 09:59 PM
I cannot source anyone who may have an "Elonex" XP Professional installation CD, so I turn to this forum for help please.

Simply, a customer of mine bought 7 Elonex base units from an auction & whilst all work well he would like a reformat.

I'd love to provide this service to him.

All PC's have a genuine Elonex COA but none have an i386 folder so bang go's that idea.

Obviously, this is where I need an the CD & if anyone could help I would be more than happy to reimburse them for their troubles.

l337
08-13-2009, 04:22 AM
make a test virtual machine and test just an oem xp pro and see if the key will take (dont activate just test) if it works then you can assume its all good

MM PC Solutions
08-13-2009, 08:18 AM
make a test virtual machine and test just an oem xp pro and see if the key will take (dont activate just test) if it works then you can assume its all good

Already tried, tested and failed previous to my original post. :(

bitznpcz
08-13-2009, 08:25 AM
At what stage are you failing? I recently installed XP Pro on an Elonex Prosentia C all in one PC using my OEM copy and it activated OK? Obviously, no drivers, but driverpack resolved that for me.

MM PC Solutions
08-13-2009, 08:46 AM
At what stage are you failing? I recently installed XP Pro on an Elonex Prosentia C all in one PC using my OEM copy and it activated OK? Obviously, no drivers, but driverpack resolved that for me.

It's fails at the input of the COA key - CD Key invalid.

bitznpcz
08-13-2009, 11:44 AM
are you 100% certain that you are using an OEM install CD and not retail?

How old is the PC? Does you OEM copy have SP3 included?

MM PC Solutions
08-13-2009, 02:30 PM
are you 100% certain that you are using an OEM install CD and not retail?

How old is the PC? Does you OEM copy have SP3 included?

I'll have to double check this..
I copied it onto a cdr ages back. It's SP1 btw. :)

I wonder if I just had a "Doh!" moment. lol

ITMAN
08-13-2009, 02:39 PM
intersingly, this i have thought of for a while

Would Technibble like to create a secure section (so only registered members, or those with over 200 posts for example) can access a section of (and i dont mind hosting) all the CD ISO's we would need, as of course without the COA thats fine? EG all Windows 95-7 OEM, Uopgrade etc etc, and also the manufacturers ones?

MM PC Solutions
08-13-2009, 03:04 PM
intersingly, this i have thought of for a while

Would Technibble like to create a secure section (so only registered members, or those with over 200 posts for example) can access a section of (and i dont mind hosting) all the CD ISO's we would need, as of course without the COA thats fine? EG all Windows 95-7 OEM, Uopgrade etc etc, and also the manufacturers ones?

That would be a fantastic idea.

I believe this deserves a new dedicated post of it's own though. :)

ITMAN
08-13-2009, 03:12 PM
will do one now!

Kenhelms
08-14-2009, 03:41 AM
uh, you can just call in and they will have you change the product key, and activate.

MM PC Solutions
08-14-2009, 09:21 AM
uh, you can just call in and they will have you change the product key, and activate.

If the initial cd key is taken yes, but in this does it isn't.