PDA

View Full Version : switching between aircard and wifi connections

AtYourService
08-02-2009, 04:05 PM
my customer got one of those new lenovo netbooks running windows XP with wifi, and also got an aircard from at&t. the problem is that after he disconnects his aircard from the net (signs off), and is connected to wifi he cant browse the internet with either browser firefox/explorer.

My solution was to disable the aircard ,which worked,but is there an easier way to switch between internet connections without having to go into network settings and disabling the aircard? :confused:

angry_geek
08-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Try turning off the AT&T software. It may be trying to manage both the wireless and the cellular. You don't really need their software as all it does is create a dial-up connection anyway.

Kenhelms
08-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Try turning off the AT&T software. It may be trying to manage both the wireless and the cellular. You don't really need their software as all it does is create a dial-up connection anyway.

Ive found this to be a good solution with Verizon. At&t works like hell where I'm at so I don't Have any experience there.

thecoldone06
08-03-2009, 02:22 PM
ThinkPad's come with an application called Access Connections. Its a very good network configuration program. You setup profiles for different network connections which you can switch between. Disable's AT&T's program and see if you can setup Access Connections.

ASDCR
08-17-2009, 10:05 PM
AYS... did you find out what worked?