PDA

View Full Version : Sky News Undercover Laptop Investigation

tartis
07-22-2009, 04:33 PM
People like this make us all look bad:http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Sky-News-Undercover-Laptop-Investigation-Repair-Shops-Caught-Hacking-Into-Personal-Files/Article/200907315343387?lpos=UK_News_News_Your_Way_Region_ 2&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15343387_Sky_News_Undercov er_Laptop_Inves

07-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Already being discussed here:
http://www.technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8013

anonymous Mac Tech
07-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, the industry needed one more black eye. Funny how they didn't even realize the built-in camera was going the whole time. I'm glad at least that they plastered the name, location, and video of the culprits all over the story because they definitely deserve the bad press.

MM PC Solutions
07-22-2009, 05:13 PM
What won't make "News" is the honest people out there though...

thebeardedone
07-22-2009, 06:11 PM
What won't make "News" is the honest people out there though...

Exactly.

Anyway, maybe this is one baby-step towards regulation in the PC repair industry. :rolleyes:

joydivision
07-22-2009, 09:01 PM
I can't see how they can justify any regulation. Personaly I would love if it there was it would my life a lot easier. At the moment all I have is 15 years experience and a computing degree. The professional qualifications are all a bit too expensive so if it was regulated I would happily sit the exams etc and comply to any system I needed to. Hopefully then all the dodgy PC/Watch Repair/Car parts shops will go bust - init.

thebeardedone
07-23-2009, 05:38 PM
I can't see how they can justify any regulation. Personaly I would love if it there was it would my life a lot easier. At the moment all I have is 15 years experience and a computing degree. The professional qualifications are all a bit too expensive so if it was regulated I would happily sit the exams etc and comply to any system I needed to. Hopefully then all the dodgy PC/Watch Repair/Car parts shops will go bust - init.

+1. I would be happy if there was some regulation apart from all I have is two years experience and about to start studying a computer degree :D