PDA

View Full Version : My LCD monitor have little vertical lines help

jpscomm
02-26-2007, 09:41 PM
can anyone help me i have a I-O data a15h lcd monitor it has vertical lines but when i set it in 75 refresh rate it disappers the problem is when ever i play a game it still displays white lines and if my back ground is black it displays black lines (the lines are small ones) any suggestions how to fix this?

Fred_G
02-28-2007, 02:44 PM
LCD monitors can be a little funny about resolution. Make sure you are using the monitors 'native' resolution. You may have to go to the monitor makers site. Once you get that checked out, if it still happens, try reinstalling your video card drivers. There are probably newer drivers out for your card.

Also, what video card do you have? It is helpful if you post the 'specs' of the computer in question. Motherboard,CPU, video card, and such.

Good luck.

E

Bryce W
02-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Fred got it pretty much spot on, try what he said. Might also be worth trying another monitor to make sure its a computer problem and not a monitor problem. If the problem doesnt occur on another screen with the same setting, chances are is you just have a damaged monitor.

phroztbyt3
04-17-2007, 06:40 PM
whats crazy is, I've seen a virus soo bad where there are vertical lines even during the initial boot screens. As a last resort, do a complete virus scan, and if there is a ridiculous amount, i suggest to restore. Or ofcourse do what the last two posts said.

navratilova
11-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Hello, I am looking for a new monitor. Now I would like my monitor to support the highest level of HD so I can sometimes play with my 360. How can I tell if an LCD Monitor supports 1080p. I have seen some monitors say HD Ready but when you look at the specs nothing is different from the monitors that don't say that. How Do I Know If A LCD Monitor Supports HD (1080p)? Thank you.

Simmy
11-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Erm, why didn't you start your own thread? :p You've pretty much answered your own question too. HD ready simply means it support 720p, 1080i or 1080p. If you want Full HD then look for a monitor that says 1080p and specifies a resolution of 1920x1080.

What size monitor are you looking for?

electrohermit
11-24-2008, 01:21 AM
Many games allow you to change the refresh rate 'in game' and certainly the resolution and oftentimes vertical sync. Try adjusting those in diff combinations and see what happens. You're probably still just putting off the inevitible but it might work.