PDA

View Full Version : Which software do you use for graphics?

hwang
03-01-2006, 08:01 AM
I use Photoshop... because I think it's the best for people that know how to use it, though it's very difficult to use for newbie people.

Tell me which one do you use.

Rus
03-01-2006, 12:36 PM
I use GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) and I have it installed on both windows and linux. I got used to it, and when i switch to another OS I still have the sam program, with same comands as in the other OS.

http://www.gimp.org/images/news-icons/wilber_work.png

hwang
03-04-2006, 06:14 AM
I use GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/).

http://www.gimp.org/images/news-icons/wilber_work.png

That's good. Seems you like a lot the software, I visited the site and look at the screenshots, it looks good. But I prefer more Photoshop than it...
Thanks for replying anyway, hear about new softwares (probably not new, but unknown for me) is good always.

a1whs.com
03-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I just paint most of the time and adobe photoshop for gradients and other small time images.

Jake
04-01-2006, 12:29 PM
I play Counter Strike Source alot and it has a thing you can do called "tag" its a personal picture or something you can press t when facing a wall and it sprays on the wall.
with GIMP can you make it so it wont have a white background and just the outline of the picture u want?

| ........ |
|_____________ |

Its like that but i want it like this:
. | | .

With No big square and so that theoutside of the pic blends in with the texture of the wall u spray it on.

Jake
04-01-2006, 12:30 PM
that didnt look how i wanted it to but anyways..

Arden
04-02-2006, 12:28 PM
GIMP is open source, which rocks.

Duality
05-28-2006, 05:12 AM
I use Adobe Photoshop 7 because it is too expensive for me to get CS2 right now. I would if I could but they need to lower the price.

Michael S.
05-28-2006, 05:25 AM
Photoshop and ImageReady are a good combination for an unlimited number of possibilites, webpage design, graphic design, and features like image rollovers and image maps. The best part is that there is millions of tutorials on the internet.

Flash is always a good choice for professional headers, etc. It takes a good while to know and udnerstand the software, which I'm not 100% about, but it is handy.

MysteryMan
05-31-2006, 12:44 AM
I use Photoshop for graphics. Paint Shop Pro is good too. Photoshop has more functionalilty than Paint Shop, but its also more expensive. I use it because I feel more comfortable with it. Corel and Gimp are other good graphics applications.

kamesh
06-01-2006, 07:00 AM
I use adobe photoshop..mann its a great toool... apart from it, i also use dream weaver. Though the application tools are limited in dream weaver, it has proven to be a great utility software.

Foxy
06-22-2006, 11:20 PM
I've been using Photoshop for years now, so I pretty much got used to that one. Tried Paint Shop Pro, but never got the hang of it.

Prior to Photoshop, I used Corel Photo-Paint, but is it me, or do the palette colours in Corel look... dull? The palette in Photoshop much more vivid compared to that of Corel's.

illusion
06-23-2006, 01:06 AM
I user Photoshop for graphics, but for screenshots and what not I use Paint. Photoshop tends to load too slow for very tedious tasks, whereas Paint is faster

ebittner
07-16-2006, 04:56 PM
I do not do much graphics but I make animations and for that I use Jasc Animation Shop 3. It is a pretty good program I like it.

Moridin
07-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Sadly I am limited to GIMP. Although it has many features similar to CS2, I am pretty unconfortable using it. It works, but just barely.

Netman
07-18-2006, 10:35 AM
I do not do much with graphics so I only really use MS pait and a program called PhotoImpression 4 it is pretty good.

shimmeringgraphix
07-18-2006, 03:14 PM
It really depends what kind of graphic I am making. I use Paint shop pro, Photoshop, and illustrator.

AHA7
07-18-2006, 11:53 PM
Photoshop all the way

Alden
06-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Photoshops the only way to go. Took a class in high school on it and I had a girl who did my homework for me sitting on my lap. What's more impressive is that the teacher allowed it! Ah... the good old days!

As of late, I've decided to apply myself and learn the program. It's totally worth it. I haven't mastered it, but I'm getting there!

gunslinger
07-15-2007, 09:15 PM
If you have lots of money and are an expert use Photoshop , if you want most of the same things for free use GIMP, and if you just need something simple for everyday use try paint.net, its free and very small (less than 2 mb in size).

Alden
07-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Is it just me or am I the only one who sees something weird about using anything named Gimp?

gunslinger
07-26-2007, 09:22 PM
I like photoshop or paint.net, not a big fan of gimp

wizy
08-02-2007, 12:42 PM
I use gimp.

gunslinger
08-02-2007, 03:09 PM
I like GIMPs gui, but its painfully slow on my system, photoshop loads up pretty fast and paint.net loads before i can even see the splash screen