PDA

View Full Version : New Skills

TechPro
02-19-2007, 04:36 AM
So what new skills does everyone think are going to valuable in the computer industry in the future and has anyone set about learning new skills?

What sets you apart from all the other computer guys?

:)

agarath
02-20-2007, 06:24 AM
I'm looking into a security + course

Bryce W
02-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Well, this isnt a course... yet. But I think learning the deep insides of Vista (registries, known bugs etc..) will be important. Vista hasnt been taken up by every computer user yet but it will sneak its way in as people buy new computers with it preinstalled.

Fred_G
02-20-2007, 03:09 PM
I am trying to learn some Linux, overall network security and playing around some with VPN stuff. The VPN is nice, I can access work computers at home and look up car parts. Saves a lot of time.

E

TechPro
02-21-2007, 12:15 AM
I have been looking to play with Linux for a long time now but just havnt had the chance. I hope to have a go in the not to distant future. I did look at smoothwall a lil while ago. Its a really cool product and a good intro to firewalls.

Vista will defo be something new to learn because, like you say Knuckles PCs will start shipping with it preinstalled and it will be important for us techs to know our way round and to support it.

I have also been meaning to have a go at installing small business server for windows.

TechPro
02-21-2007, 04:03 AM
has anyone got any good links to learning materials for Vista?

thanks

tkrabec
03-16-2007, 06:21 PM
has anyone got any good links to learning materials for Vista?

thanks

put your only copy of import data on it, let your kids use the machine for 15 minutes, recover. In a few days/weeks you be a Vista pro.

One of the best ways to learn is to use it.

-- Tim Krabec