PDA

View Full Version : TweakUI Help

Jake
02-04-2007, 05:54 PM
All of a sudden i keep getting An error When i Logon:

TweakUI.CPL Error.

I was looking at Tweak yesterday but i am confident i didnt change any settings or anything. TweakUI dosent even Appear in my Control Panel anymore which was why i opened it to see what it was in the first place.

Thanks For any help in advance. :/

Bryce W
02-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Have you tried reinstalling TweakUI?
A .CPL file is a icon that shows up in your control panel. Since you said it doesnt even show up in your control panel anymore and you are getting that message, something is up with your TweakUI.CPL file.

If you dont want to keep TweakUI or the reinstall didnt work. Download and run Autoruns (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/autoruns.mspx) . Once loaded, goto the Logon Tab. Under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run there will be a checkbox saying TweakUI or something similar. Untick it and close the program. That should stop the error.

Jake
02-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the help but the night after i posted i was laying in bed thinking about what it could be that bought up the error when i logged in and i wondered if it could have been se to autorun at startup, so i got up booted up the pc and checked in run/msconfig and sure enough under the 'startup' tab i unselected tthe TweakUI file and rebooted. made sure it wasnt going to keep sending me annoying reminders that i changed the Boot Configuration and again rebooted.. Brilliant. No annoying errors. Next time i might think about things for a while O.o...