PDA

View Full Version : .bin to .iso without cue file

angry_geek
07-02-2009, 09:18 PM
I had a customer bring me an external hdd with a bunch of images of family videos and pics she wanted me to burn to cd or dvd. The problem was it was a bunch of .bin files without the .cue files. I realize I could have mounted the images in daemon tools, extracted all the files, recompiled the images. Or I could have just mounted and then copied to an image. The problem is I would have to do them one at a time, and it would take forever. There are about 50 images on this drive. So I found this tool after some googling.

http://www.weethet.nl/english/cdrw_bintoiso.php

I don't know how many of you have a use for this, but it came in handy today. I ran 5 instances at once, and it took less than 30 minutes to convert all the images to iso's. Now we're burning like crazy with 4 drives going. I know I could have simply told the customer how to do it; it's an easy process. However, she adamantly said she didn't want to mess with it and offered me $500.00 to take care of it. No problem I said. Minus the $10.00 for cd's, that makes $490.00 for 2 1/2 hours of work. It's been a good day.:D

Jory
07-02-2009, 10:55 PM
I'll have to keep this in mind if it ever comes up.

@ncient geek
07-12-2009, 05:49 PM
I had a customer bring me an external hdd with a bunch of images of family videos and pics she wanted me to burn to cd or dvd. The problem was it was a bunch of .bin files without the .cue files. I realize I could have mounted the images in daemon tools, extracted all the files, recompiled the images. Or I could have just mounted and then copied to an image. The problem is I would have to do them one at a time, and it would take forever. There are about 50 images on this drive. So I found this tool after some googling.

http://www.weethet.nl/english/cdrw_bintoiso.php

I don't know how many of you have a use for this, but it came in handy today. I ran 5 instances at once, and it took less than 30 minutes to convert all the images to iso's. Now we're burning like crazy with 4 drives going. I know I could have simply told the customer how to do it; it's an easy process. However, she adamantly said she didn't want to mess with it and offered me $500.00 to take care of it. No problem I said. Minus the $10.00 for cd's, that makes $490.00 for 2 1/2 hours of work. It's been a good day.:D

The cue file is only a pointer to the bin file. You can create it yourself, or even burn the bin without one (Nero)

angry_geek
07-12-2009, 08:30 PM
The cue file is only a pointer to the bin file. You can create it yourself, or even burn the bin without one (Nero)

Yep, I tried that. Didn't work. Their son had used some weird program years ago to archive everything into images. Somehow they lost the cue files.