PDA

View Full Version : My New Website

Jamie3188
07-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Guys,

I have recently Launched my website...

It is www.thetechgroup.co.uk

There is still some tweaking to do but let me know what you think :)

Any suggestions would be great! :)

TimeCode
07-01-2009, 03:44 PM
With the exception of the blurry image, it looks good. The blurry image took my attention immediately and I was trying to figure out what it was. Not exactly the first thing you want somebody to do when they get to your website.

When viewing in FF 3.5 in 1152 x 864, the 2 gray "Contact Us" blocks are off the right-hand side of the centered website.

Jamie3188
07-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

The Blurry Image is a defualt thing. I will be changing all the images and making them slightly smaller. I dont like them that big.

Also i am aware of the Black boxes on the 'Contact Us' page. These are being moved soon.

Thanks very much for your feedback :)

cmonova
07-01-2009, 04:54 PM
What is the "For more info on xxxx" mean? Or are you changing that?

On the "About us" I would make the "U" cap

"Login To Backstage" goes to "not found"..i'm assuming that is an admin
backend.

"Contact" link at bottom of the site does not work. Actually none of them work from the bottom of the site.

"Services" page you have a big gap between "Setting up a home.." and "Removing Virus...."

"Join mailing list" goes to not found.

Glenn
07-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Not too bad, however multiple spelling mistakes, although seemingly very common nowadays, let the site down a little.

SavellM
07-02-2009, 09:13 AM
You can scroll left and right which is a big no no....

Otherwise I too like it.
Also the only thing is the blurry image, but i know why you made it blurry so that the text is more visable.
I would maybe look at doing a darker image or something.
Dont like the blurr

Jamie3188
07-02-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks for all the feedback.

- Blurry Image, This is a default image and i was never going to keep it. Also the text on the image needs to be edited.

- Spelling :) I think i have got all of it now. Thanks Glenn

- Broken Links, Cheers for pointing this out. As I said the pages are not complete yet and are still under construction. All links will be pointing somewhere. :)

- Scrolling left and right, Againg the site needs tweaking. Its my first real bash at using CMS to create a site. I just wanted to get some feedback on the colour schemes and the general design of the site.

Thanks again for all the constructive critisism :)

nj_computer_repair
07-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Did you use Weebly to make the site?

Jamie3188
07-02-2009, 03:05 PM
@njcomputer:

No Mate, I used http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/ :)

Jamie3188
07-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi Guys,

I have made a good few improvements and wondered what you think of the new styling?????

The majority or the issues we discussed have now been fixed.

I always welcome feedback.

Let me know what you think :)

Thanks

Jura
07-15-2009, 01:59 PM
I don't really like the sticker looking thing on the images. Image near joining mail list doesn't match well with the color it's over.

Nice site, though. Modern.

Jamie3188
07-15-2009, 02:05 PM
The stickers are going to have text in them so the banners are not completely finished. :) Thanks for your feedback :)

Jamie3188
07-16-2009, 08:04 AM
NJComputer - What do you use for your website design?

nj_computer_repair
07-16-2009, 01:17 PM
NJComputer - What do you use for your website design?

Dreamweaver