PDA

View Full Version : Got owned by a client today..

Bryce W
01-30-2007, 02:13 AM
Got owned by one of my clients today. They pulled a bit of a prank on me. I was called to a clients place today to fix a whole bunch of software related errors. They were getting messages such as "Error code: 1100" which means (after a reading the help file of their product) that their backup drive couldnt backup because it couldnt read a certain file. After about an hour fixing small errors here and there they say that they are getting an "eye-dee-ten-tee" error which I have never heard of.

I think about it for a second, run though error codes for all sorts of programs in my head and let him know I've never heard of it. He then says "well, write it down and let me know when you've figured it out" and then leaves the room.

So I write the error code down on a piece of paper as: "ID10T"

I realise and then think to myself "....damn...I just got rolled". :rolleyes:

Blues
01-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Bryce a sad story I told someone that was thier problem and then even after writing it down had to translate it for them. This was someone from the chat too youd think they would easily see it of all people.

Jura
02-02-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm guessing you knew the person? I find it hard to believe someone would go through all that?

Bryce W
02-03-2007, 02:06 AM
I'm guessing you knew the person? I find it hard to believe someone would go through all that?
Was that addressed to me or Blues?

Jura
02-03-2007, 03:14 AM
It was post marked and addressed to you, my son.

Bryce W
02-03-2007, 05:19 AM
Yeah, I did know the person, the person is a previous client whom I have been out to many times. I knew they were a bit of a joker. I was called out there last time to fix real errors such as the backup drive errors, its not like they called me out there just to do the prank, it was sorta just added on after I fixed the real problems.

lcs
02-17-2007, 05:10 PM
When I worked at the internet company in Tech support, we had a name for certain problems we would say it's a PEBCAK! Which stands for: Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.

Bryce W
02-17-2007, 08:16 PM
When I worked at the internet company in Tech support, we had a name for certain problems we would say it's a PEBCAK! Which stands for: Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.

I think you'll like this Shirt then: :D
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/front/pebkac.jpg (http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2038945-10356307)

You can buy them at Thinkgeek.com (http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2038945-10356307)

MrMille
05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Level 8 error

wizy
08-02-2007, 01:28 PM
maybe you can join the pen fifteen club with them next

nonchalant
11-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Not PC related but when I worked as an admin for a govt department before I got into PC's a colleague told him a Jenny Talia was in the waiting room to see him. He actually went and called her out from the front counter amidst laughter from a few waiting clients. He didnt wake up to the prank until he returned to his desk..