PDA

View Full Version : Sky Broadbad

thepcdude
06-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Hey guys,

I have just come back from a customer that has a 8mb BB connection, they are using the sagem sky wireless router with Windows XP home. The sky router seems to be a awkward little so and so and the whole service seems like it does not like IE 7, With IE 7 they can browse the internet but cant access Sky's email portal.

So i tried the network with my laptop and found that i could access the email portal using FF 3. So i promptly installed FF3 on to there computer and when i launched the program i was greeted with cant find connection page so i scrolled through all the setting and this sky does not seem to like new browsers. Anyone seen this before? I wont upgrade IE 7 to 8 just encase i get the same problems i get with FF3. Anyone have any suggestions or have you experienced this before??

Cheers

MM PC Solutions
06-25-2009, 09:04 PM
I have a customer that has a sagem/sky combi & I updated his computer (including IE8) & I have not come across any problems.

Sky use's a modified version of Gmail.
Does your customers computer have the latest version of java?

tomdavies
06-30-2009, 12:07 PM
I too have a customer that has the same Sagem/Sky setup and they run IE8, Firefox and Safari for Windows all without issue. As I remember though those Sagem routers do seem a little odd.

I agree with MM PC Solutions, check for latest java version. If not, you could maybe try a firmware update on the router although I doubt it would help.

studiot
06-30-2009, 02:52 PM
I think there is something in the Sky router, like the AOL ones are specials, only more so.

Sky is the only broadband I have ever installed where the user had to do nothing but plug it in for it to work. Not even put in a user/pass it came all preconfigured - and it worked first time.