PDA

View Full Version : A Nice way to Increase your Internet Speed!!

Laptop Repair
06-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Here is a good trick to Increase speed of your Internet

1) open any of your browse

2) in URL write about:config

3) there will appear a filter box just down to all your toolbar

4) there write http

5) now from the list find network.http.piplining set it to true

6) then find network.http.maxrequest set it to 10

Restart your browser and check I am sure you will find some difference:)

hondablaster
06-19-2009, 07:06 AM
I literally followed his directions.

type about:config in the URL of a browser

instead of google.com

type about:config and go from there

NYJimbo
06-19-2009, 07:07 AM
I literally followed his directions.

type about:config in the URL of a browser

instead of google.com

type about:config and go from there

Yeah, but not in IE8.

angry_geek
06-19-2009, 07:07 AM
try it in IE:D

I'm not sure about this guy. His website looks legitimate, but some of his posts sound like they're coming from a 15-year-old WoW addict.

NYJimbo
06-19-2009, 07:08 AM

I'm not sure about this guy. His website looks legitimate, but some of his posts sound like they're coming from a 15-year-old WoW addict.

I think he is trying to build his "street cred". It's not working. :D

hondablaster
06-19-2009, 07:09 AM
my bad im using firefox. My Internet was already screaming. I dont know how to measure the browsing speed?

hondablaster
06-19-2009, 07:14 AM
I think this increases that amount of tcp or udp ports that open up to request data. My 5 tabs seems to open up faster. When I first start the browser.

EDIT:just working in firefox.

angry_geek
06-19-2009, 07:42 AM
I just watched an 11-minute interview he did with some tv channel. The owner of the company seems like a well spoken professional tech with a good business. From listening to him, I don't think he would have such poor grammar skills when typing. The interview was geared for end users at home, so he spoke simply and offered basic tips.

I'm thinking the person here posting is not the owner, but maybe one of his employees or kids. Another thing I wonder about is that his site was just registered in February, yet he claims to have been in business for 14 years with 33 years of experience. I hope I look that young after 33 years in this business.:)

Maybe we can get an intro to see who this is and learn some more about him.

hondablaster
06-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Ok so getting to the bottom of it.

I like learning new tricks so Im studying this one. I noticed a lag when I click but I also noticed that large pages with lots of graphics load faster this would make sense. Also I see my CPU load go a bit higher then normal.

I then googled for more information and in fact browser response time is the downside to this feature.

I like clicking with no delay over a slight boost in large pages fully loading. The gain i experience in all my tabs being loaded is greatly over shadowed by my ability to click and get my PC to instantly respond lag less-ly. To random links.

Thank you for the neat trick. But I don't think it suits faster computers.

Mouse Mate
06-19-2009, 12:49 PM
This is an old tweak that work brilliantly in Firefox 2. I'm sure I read somewhere that Firefox 3 contains this "fix" already built in.

0gr3
06-19-2009, 01:45 PM
I did it but didn't notice that big a boost in browser speed and my PC isn't the greatest and it was on FF3 it wasn't automaticly applied. Then again that was a few months ago and the new update may have changed that.

Canadian Tech
06-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I tried it and noticed a difference especially when Fire Fox loads. It used to take forever to load.

Daifne
06-19-2009, 03:12 PM
While this "tweak" is all over the Internet, it's not recommended by Mozilla or those of us who provide support for their products. While you may see some speed increase, you may also find that some websites will block you.

eggy53
06-20-2009, 12:39 AM

Whats wrong with WOW, LOL I used to be addicted to it, I was strong enough to quit!

Daifne
06-23-2009, 02:03 AM
As I stated earlier...
While this "tweak" is all over the Internet, it's not recommended by Mozilla or those of us who provide support for their products. While you may see some speed increase, you may also find that some websites will block you.

MikeLierman
08-03-2009, 06:24 PM
I've seen these tweaks ever since Firefox 2.0.0.8 and personally, I never really found them too helpful, I mean it would help a tad bit, but not enough to make a big difference. Personally, I have found that setting your DNS servers to OpenDNS speeds things up a heck of a lot more. Plus, like someone previously mentioned above, some sites will block you if they are getting too many requests (you will be first on their list).

Mike

basic
08-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I've read that you can adjust the Maximum Transmission Unit value in the registry to gain some improvement in performance. Has anyone ever had experience with this? I've never gone through the trouble of finding out.

MikeLierman
08-04-2009, 04:12 PM
I love people who bring back posts from 2 months ago :D
I didn't even realize it was 2 months old. That's what you get when it's still on the first page of threads. :)

I've read that you can adjust the Maximum Transmission Unit value in the registry to gain some improvement in performance. Has anyone ever had experience with this?.
This Microsoft page (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826159) tells all about it!

MikeLierman
08-04-2009, 04:13 PM
*Post deleted by the request of the original poster.*