PDA

View Full Version : bad inpression

computergeek1
06-18-2009, 09:55 AM
seems like the right time to apploigize to every one that i have offened. i have created a bad inpression about myself and my abilites to do computer repairs on this forum.
It is down to the way i right things and dont always explain myself.

i will try harder and try and explain things better, i know some techs have put me on there ingnore list but thats up to them.

I have had my fair share of bashing and would like it to stop. i am here to learn as much as everybody else on this forum.

i will be enrolling on a college course this summer to do my comptia.

again appoligize to everyone. hope we can start again.

Blues
06-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Im sure more then you need to be appologizing. The one thing I can say is my view is we are to be professionals so lets take the little extra time and effort to make our post as professional as can be. I don't mean to say no fun we are sposed to be dealing with other professionals here so make those tongue in cheek remarks we can have a laugh and be serious. If you were to find my posts on other forums I use horrible grammar no puncuation and so on but here you can see I take the time for it.

hondablaster
06-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Get Mozilla Firefox it has a built in spellcheck. And just do some quick proofreads before and after you post. I cant write for crap myself. So I need firefox to make myself look barley intellectual. I think aside from the explosion issue just some basic typing improvement can give a better impression.

Trust me I get blasted also. But thats what i am hondablaster :cool:

purple_minion
06-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Get Mozilla Firefox it has a built in spellcheck. And just do some quick proofreads before and after you post. I cant write for crap myself. So I need firefox to make myself look barley intellectual. I think aside from the explosion issue just some basic typing improvement can give a better impression.

Trust me I get blasted also. But thats what i am hondablaster :cool:

You want to look like a grass seed?

Bryce W
06-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Its shallow, but I must admit that posts without correct spelling or proper CaSe kind of bugs me. Just throw it though a spell checker and I bet the attitude towards you will change greatly. Also, I think you came into this forum at a bad time when a bunch of members started attacking technicians they consider to be less experienced. The "pizza tech witch hunt" is dying down now so things should improve.

I feel you don't really need to apologise for anything, just be sure to explain yourself clearly with proper spelling and you'll be fine.

abe
06-18-2009, 06:20 PM
@Bryce

I believe he was apologizing for using foul language in a thread(where it was obvious he was ignoring our advice and didn't really know how to diag the PC) I have no problem helping him out and helping him learn more BUT when he says

**** off and don't bother posting on my posts again. again this gets turned around, and is not ******* on
to a joke i made (yes about pizza techs) which was said as a joke with lots of smileys and saying he should brush up his skills. Then I see what he's apologizing for and I accept his apology.

To say he doesn't need to apologies is just ignoring facts, unless you missed that thread ;).

and if you think its only me heres what another member wrote on that thread after editing his post

http://www.technibble.com/forums/showpost.php?p=52157&postcount=15

Nevermind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by 14049752; 06-16-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: I don't feel like offering help to someone that can't be bothered (or doesn't know how) to run a diagnostic.

and here

this was his second response
http://www.technibble.com/forums/showpost.php?p=52177&postcount=23

I accepted his apology and really want to help him, I didn't want to bring up the story again but I really understand why he's apologizing.

computergeek1
06-18-2009, 07:21 PM
I accepted his apology and really want to help him, I didn't want to bring up the story again but I really understand why he's apologizing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you abe, again sorry mate.

06-19-2009, 12:10 AM
I completely accept your apology, and hope you stick around.

I also know that I'm not without fault....I know I can be pretty harsh towards people. Specifically, to you (computergeek1) and hondablaster, I wrote a few posts that were a bit rude...

The problem is that I'm really just sick of everyone that jumps head first into computer repair because they're enthusiasts.... Too many people seem to think running a computer repair business is something you can do overnight. Even an arrogant jerk like me, that's been doing this for years, has to read take-apart guides, spend several hours each week reading, and research new techniques and software constantly to do a good job in this field. You've (both) since mentioned wanting to improve your knowledge, or work for someone else, or whatever....and to me that shows both humility and responsibility that a good tech needs.
So, I apologize for being rude and making snap judgments... hopefully people I've upset can at least appreciate where I'm coming from.

computergeek1
06-19-2009, 01:17 AM
Thank you to all that have replied.