PDA

View Full Version : HP sleep mode

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 03:13 PM
has anybody got any advise on how to get a hp laptop out of sleep mode.

switch the computer on, no post, just a black sceen, tried a external moniter but did not help, and i know its stuck in sleep mode.
have tried the power cycle where u disconnected the mains and battery and hold down the power button for 30-60 secs, then connect the battery and switch on, did not work.
tried switching on but only having the screen a little open, did not work.

anybody got any suguesstions.

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Are you sure it's a sleep mode issue? Can you run a live CD on it? Have you tried any diagnostics on the hardware?

yes i am sure, can't run any thing from the disk drive because the screen stays black, tried it with out the hard drive and memory, but got a beep to say theys no memory. so i thought the external monitor might help but still black screen, no post, keyboard does not respond, hard drive light blinks and then stops blinking. its annoying to say the least. cheers ACG

usacvlr
06-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Check the lid switch..

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Take out the HDD and leave just the memory. Then try a live cd.

still the same mate.

Bloogen
06-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Is there any bios updates available for it? Is this a vista for XP machine? Try re-installing the video drivers as well.

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Is there any bios updates available for it? Is this a vista for XP machine? Try re-installing the video drivers as well.

its a vista, can't put any drivers on or bios updates and i as stuck at a black screen, can't access the bios or anything

NYJimbo
06-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Did you yank the CMOS batt and try to let it drain out. Not the normal battery, the CMOS batt.

ps- can we have a rule that when you ask for help you must post the make and model of the computer you are
dealing with. That should be the first thing someone posts when asking for help.

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Did you yank the CMOS batt and try to let it drain out. Not the normal battery, the CMOS batt.

ps- can we have a rule that when you ask for help you must post the make and model of the computer you are
dealing with. That should be the first thing someone posts when asking for help.

tried that as well, its a HP Pavilion dv6626us. thanks again NYJimbo will do

Rider
06-16-2009, 05:24 PM
I have to go with Cav on this one, check the lid switch.

NYJimbo
06-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I think we need to start over.

Why do you think its in sleep mode?. Please explain that.

Also what indication do you see its in sleep mode and not having some other kind of issue.

abe
06-16-2009, 05:32 PM
why are sure its in sleep mode is there any signs of it being in sleep mode, you say it is but how can you be sure.

Abe

Rider
06-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Laptops are usually set to turn off the screen when the lid is shut. If you open the lid and the screen doesn't come on, stuck or bad switch maybe. The external monitor may not work unless you activate it, that's the case with my laptop.

06-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Nevermind.

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 06:31 PM
I have to go with Cav on this one, check the lid switch.

okay will try that, off to look for a service manual

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 06:32 PM
why are sure its in sleep mode is there any signs of it being in sleep mode, you say it is but how can you be sure.

Abe

Have heard it's a common problem with HP'S also some other laptop makes

NYJimbo
06-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Have heard it's a common problem with HP'S also some other laptop makes

Incredible.

abe
06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Yea I know I shouldn't be doing this so any mods iut there ban me.

@computergeek1

do you understand that you are totally lacking in the basic skills a tech needs, how can you possibly diagnose its a sleep mode problem just because its common.

did you do any other diag's on this pc.

[joke]
I hereby promote you to PIZZA TECH STATUS

please accept the above as a joke, thats how it was intended, but I really think you should brush up your skills. :) :0)

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Yea I know I shouldn't be doing this so any mods iut there ban me.

@computergeek1

do you understand that you are totally lacking in the basic skills a tech needs, how can you possibly diagnose its a sleep mode problem just because its common.

did you do any other diag's on this pc.

[joke]
I hereby promote you to PIZZA TECH STATUS

http://www.technibble.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=71

please accept the above as a joke, thats how it was intended, but I really think you should brush up your skills. :) :0)

**** off and dont bother posting on my posts again. again this gets turned around, and is not ******* on. :mad:

abe
06-16-2009, 06:58 PM
**** off and dont bother posting on my posts again. again this gets turned around, and is not ******* on. :mad:

did you read till the end IT WAS A JOKE :) I'm so sorry you took it wrong

ps. I removed the picture.

NYJimbo
06-16-2009, 07:01 PM

You gotta admit, you asked for help and acted like you were absolutely sure of your diagnostics. So we all jumped in with ideas based on that. For you to turn around and give an answer like you did is insulting. At least realize you did a pretty poor job of diagnosing this one and jumped to a conclusion based on nothing, as per your own words.

You may think we should just not bother posting on your threads anymore, but then who is going to help you fix computers ?.

Imagine if all of us hit the "ignore" button for your account, it would be a pretty lonely place for you to visit.

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 07:08 PM
You gotta admit, you asked for help and acted like you were absolutely sure of your diagnostics. So we all jumped in with ideas based on that. For you to turn around and give an answer like you did is insulting. At least realize you did a pretty poor job of diagnosing this one and jumped to a conclusion based on nothing, as per your own words.

You may think we should just not bother posting on your threads anymore, but then who is going to help you fix computers ?.

Imagine if all of us hit the "ignore" button for your account, it would be a pretty lonely place for you to visit.

you can all do what you ******* want, i have passed caring now, if i do need help fixing something i sure want be asking on here again, your a ******* muppet, i only said that it was a sleep problem based on the symptoms that the computer was showing. :mad::mad::mad:

NYJimbo
06-16-2009, 07:14 PM
you can all do what you ******* want, i have passed caring now, if i do need help fixing something i sure want be asking on here again, your a ******* muppet, i only said that it was a sleep problem based on the symptoms that the computer was showing. :mad::mad::mad:

"and i know its stuck in sleep mode."

That's from your first post.

ps- losing your temper and cursing is the last thing you want to do on a place like this. If you admitted you screwed up and dropped the ball I cannot imagine anyone NOT forgiving you. Pulling a temper tantrum doesnt help at all.

06-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Guys, don't waste your time on this guy. Just add him to your ignore list and stop trying to help him. This is the third or fourth post in the last week or so where he has asked for help, shown that he doesn't know jack, then gets pissed off at everyone calling him on his lack of experience or knowledge. Just let him leave.

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 07:24 PM
bryce can you please close my account i have had anough of the **** on here.

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 07:27 PM
"and i know its stuck in sleep mode."

That's from your first post.

ps- losing your temper and cursing is the last thing you want to do on a place like this. If you admitted you screwed up and dropped the ball I cannot imagine anyone NOT forgiving you. Pulling a temper tantrum doesnt help at all.

i will do what i want. if byrce whats to ban we then great.

anonymous Mac Tech
06-16-2009, 07:34 PM
bryce can you please close my account i have had anough of the **** on here.

Don't go away mad.....

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Don't go away mad.....

I am fine not mad just sad that some people on here spoil a good forum.

abe
06-16-2009, 08:10 PM
I am fine not mad just sad that some people on here spoil a good forum.

we are all sad about that, we are sad that some people like YOU spoil a good industry with unethical and dishonest actions.

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 08:17 PM
we are all sad about that, we are sad that some people like you spoil a good industry with unethical and dishonest actions.

whatever!!

computergeek1
06-16-2009, 11:32 PM
problem now fixed, thanks to the people who sugguested some fixes to try.

computergeek1
06-17-2009, 06:19 AM
Perhaps you can tell us the fix, and the tips that lead to it?

It was a loose wire, there is 3 screws in the battery compartment, if you unscrew these you can then take the speaker grill off and there is a wire behind that needs reattached. it's from the LSD to the speaker grill and other buttons.

sorry to all for my swearing and outbursts, i except i was in the wrong and should of conducted my self better.

NYJimbo
06-17-2009, 11:21 AM
sorry to all for my swearing and outbursts, i except i was in the wrong and should of conducted my self better.

"sorry to all for my swearing and outbursts, i accept i was in the wrong and should have conducted myself better"

come on, you didn't think we would let you off that easy. :p

computergeek1
06-17-2009, 12:36 PM
"sorry to all for my swearing and outbursts, i accept i was in the wrong and should have conducted myself better"

come on, you didn't think we would let you off that easy. :p

That's up to you NYJimbo, if you can't accept a sorry from someone who admits he was in the wrong, says alot for you as a person. please close the post before it gets personnal again.

abe
06-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Thread Closed

hondablaster
06-17-2009, 07:04 PM
That's up to you NYJimbo, if you can't accept a sorry from someone who admits he was in the wrong, says alot for you as a person. please close the post before it gets personnal again.

I think he was making a joke of your spelling mistakes, kind of a play or pun on words or whatever right word im looking for. Like saying "**** were fixing his mistake again"

I think hes just playing computergeek1. :)

Glad your figured out your issue.

NYJimbo
06-17-2009, 07:12 PM
I think hes just playing computergeek1. :)

It's ok, he's permanently on my ignore list. ;)