PDA

View Full Version : 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive

rusty.nells
06-13-2009, 03:55 AM
Interesting article (http://www.moskalyuk.com/blog/yes-50-scientifically-proven-ways-to-be-persuasive)

Here's one snippet:

If a call to action is motivated by fear, people will block it, unless call to action has specific steps. A group of people received a pamphlet describing the dangers of tetanus infection. It didnít describe much else. The second group of people got a description of tetanus infection, plus a set of instructions on how to get vaccinated. The second group exhibited much higher sign-up rate for tetanus vaccination than the first one, where many participants tried to block out the high-fear message urging that something as rare as tetanus would never happen to them.

tasaholic
06-13-2009, 06:31 AM
I can understand that,Rusty, I think maybe "wolf" has been cried so often, (e.g. Y2K) that most people have become inured to panic warnings and now wait for the full story to be revealed before they consider action...current Swine Flu is a good case in point. Can't blame them (or us) for that...seems hardly a week goes by that we are being given dire warnings about something that ends up being a non-event.Sadly, one day we will all ignore the one we should not and pay the price. I suppose it may be indicative of how we seem to only live for "today" in these uncertain times...the old days did have some big advantages!!