PDA

View Full Version : GetPaint.net

Jimmyb
06-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Another freebie for our arsenal?

Looks very sophisticated.

"About
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
It started development as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it. Originally intended as a free replacement for the Microsoft Paint software that comes with Windows, it has grown into a powerful yet simple image and photo editor tool. It has been compared to other digital photo editing software packages such as Adobe® Photoshop®, Corel® Paint Shop Pro®, Microsoft Photo Editor, and The GIMP."

http://www.getpaint.net/

ProTech Support
06-11-2009, 03:26 PM
A couple of my buddies rant and rave about this software and how great it is. I personally cannot comment as I use Photoshop, but from what I always hear from them -

"It's an awesome program and alternative from the rip-off Photoshop."

I may just give it a try to see what all the hype is about.

arrow_runner
06-11-2009, 04:05 PM
paint.net, gimp, and inkscape :)

Jimmyb
06-11-2009, 06:31 PM
paint.net, gimp, and inkscape :)

What are you saying ???? The Holy Trio :) ?

ProTech Support
06-11-2009, 06:36 PM

He was making the sign of the cross while announcing the titles lol

usacvlr
06-11-2009, 07:02 PM
photofiltre is easier to use.

Another freebie for our arsenal?

Looks very sophisticated.

"About
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
It started development as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it. Originally intended as a free replacement for the Microsoft Paint software that comes with Windows, it has grown into a powerful yet simple image and photo editor tool. It has been compared to other digital photo editing software packages such as Adobe® Photoshop®, Corel® Paint Shop Pro®, Microsoft Photo Editor, and The GIMP."

http://www.getpaint.net/

tasaholic
06-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Personally, I use Zoner Photo Studio....very easy to use for everything I need in a photo handling and editing program.

gunslinger
06-12-2009, 04:19 AM
Been using Paint.Net for over a year now and love it. Only problem is that its a little slow to start up.

06-12-2009, 05:15 AM
My complaint about Paint.Net is that it expires (or did?).

Does it still do that, where it forces you to download the latest version to run it? That annoyed me SO much that I wouldn't consider installing it again.

J-Bob
02-02-2010, 08:12 PM

Haha- that right there inspired me to make a piece. *attached*
(be nice, I made this in 5 minutes- it's still a Work-In-Progress)

I call it, "Tools of my Religion": (featuring, the Free Trinity!)

usacvlr
02-02-2010, 08:43 PM
photofiltre is up to 6.4.0 now btw.
http://photofiltre.free.fr/frames_en.htm