PDA

View Full Version : its hard to troobleshoot pls reply to this

system32
01-03-2007, 09:48 PM
the first thing happen to my aunts computer is,

1st event- after it boot i saw pink colors in my screen scattered in box shapes but after it enter to desktop display its gone and it looks normal..
2nd event-the next day of that incident the cpu is runinng but theres no disply in monitor but a fullscreen of gray...
then i reseated the video card and boot it again..
then it looks good again no pink boxes and i used that computer normally...
3rd event- after that day i used it again. but the monitor wont work and i tried the cpu in other monitor it wont work too..
4th event- i bought new vedeo card as i guess its the problem.. i installed it and it work so fine... and i leave it to my aunt so they can use it....
5th event- the tday after 4th scene my aunt call me about the computer they only see gray color...
i dont know what the matter with that pc.. pls help...

Stealth
01-04-2007, 05:08 AM
First off, the card with pink blocks definitely sounds like its Video RAM is dead. However... since you swapped the card, and it's still giving out only a grey image it might be the monitor's problem. Or, if you tested it using two different monitors, the only other thing that springs to mind if the motherboard not doing its job.

Fred_G
02-18-2007, 05:59 PM
I would suspect the PSU. When they start to go, weird things can happen.

Just my thoughts.

E

Try a different monitor cable also.

Blues
02-20-2007, 08:01 PM
The 4 Possiblities at this moment look to be Monitor, Mother Board, PSU, and distant last due to being fairly new the Video Card.