PDA

View Full Version : IGO Universal Power adapter

riggs578
06-01-2009, 11:49 PM
i have been using and loving my IGO universal power adapter. It comes with a few tips but its best to buy all of the tips available. If you can get all the tips you will be able to power virtually any laptop by simply chageing the tip.
So far i havent found a laptop i cant power up. Its also nice if you have a client with a bad dc-jack and it shorts. a normal power adapter usually gets blown but this adapter will cut out only to work again when you re plug it into the wall. IGo even has customer support for compatibilty issues.
The only con is finding the tips and the price. The adapter i use was $130 dollars and the tips are $10 each.

having a univeral power adapter has saved me and my customers butts on many occasions when we werent sure if its their power adapter or their power connector (dc-jack)

there may be alternatives to IGO im just not aware of any.

arrow_runner
06-02-2009, 12:15 AM
http://www.dailyllama.com/news/2004/images/golden_honey_spam_large.jpg

Jimmyb
06-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Too funny Arrow .. subtle .. but to the point AND a spammer who can't spell!:D

lward1
06-02-2009, 12:31 AM
That's funny arrow, I think someone needs to make it into an avitar and the first member to read a spam post, find a way to post it so no one else gets suckered into reading the post.

riggs578
06-02-2009, 12:41 AM
That's funny arrow, I think someone needs to make it into an avitar and the first member to read a spam post, find a way to post it so no one else gets suckered into reading the post.

you guys are asses. im not a spammer im steve. you may remember me from early podnutz shows. i spell fine

arrow_runner
06-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Well I can get my grammar police badge out since you can capitalize your sentences if you'd like. :)

Also, I've NEVER used a universal adapter to check if a dc jack is bad. I prefer my Fluke 115 Multimeter. :D

angry_geek
06-02-2009, 12:57 AM
Hey all, he's really not a spammer. Apparently he's really into tropical fish. He also seems to have had some experience with ebay. I think he just found a great power adapter he likes.

@riggs You need to go to the intro thread and tell us about yourself. Where you're from, what kind of shop do you run, etc. That way we'll know you're legit and not flame you. Welcome aboard.

arrow_runner
06-02-2009, 01:02 AM
What??? He never mentioned ebay and he's talking how great this power adapter that I've never heard of, and he claims that he's not aware of any alternatives? (Targus anyone?)

:mad:

angry_geek
06-02-2009, 01:03 AM
What??? He never mentioned ebay and he's talking how great this power adapter that I've never heard of, and he claims that he's not aware of any alternatives? (Targus anyone?)

I feel your pain, arrow. I googled his user name and came up with a bunch of stuff.

arrow_runner
06-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

(If you look mine up, you'll find my interests include computers, Honda CRXs, Eagle Talons, and long walks by the beach)

riggs578
06-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Well I can get my grammar police badge out since you can capitalize your sentences if you'd like. :)

Also, I've NEVER used a universal adapter to check if a dc jack is bad. I prefer my Fluke 115 Multimeter. :D

Im posting with my laptop because im on the road. I just picked up a Dell d505 from a technician who hates replacing DC-Jacks. So he outsources them to me. He tested his adapter with a volt meter and found it to be fine. I checked the laptop against my igo with the battery out and its fine. that happened 2 hours ago. so i felt like posting.
This isnt the first time ive found bad adapters passed off as jacks.

I used to use a volt meter but the dam thing cant tell me if the tip is making a inconsistent connection. :D

As far as my grammar, spelling and the such... I do believe this is forum for technicians and not a high school english classroom.

riggs578
06-02-2009, 01:21 AM

i am new to these forums. what is your point. I never tried comparing Targus adapters with the igo.
how does ebay have anything to do with this?

angry_geek
06-02-2009, 01:21 AM
As far as my grammar, spelling and the such... I do believe this is forum for technicians and not a high school english classroom.

Look, arrow thought you were a spammer because you came out of nowhere talking up a product. Quite frankly, I thought the same thing until I googled you. Forget the flaming, grammar, and bad attitude. Do you really want your first thread on here to be a keyboard war? Just go to the intro like the rest of us did, and tell us about yourself. Then, enjoy the forums. Again, welcome aboard.

riggs578
06-02-2009, 01:31 AM
Look, arrow thought you were a spammer because you came out of nowhere talking up a product. Quite frankly, I thought the same thing until I googled you. Forget the flaming, grammar, and bad attitude. Do you really want your first thread on here to be a keyboard war? Just go to the intro like the rest of us did, and tell us about yourself. Then, enjoy the forums. Again, welcome aboard.

why would i want a keyboard war?

Im surprised soo many shops dont use these types of adapters. Ive gotten allot of machines in the shop from customers who tell me the tech didnt have an adapter.

I cant think of how many times a customer forgets to include their adapter. Its nice to get the work done while the replacement adapter is in the mail.

as far as the targus... i havent had a chance to try one. Im curious to know if it power as many laptops as my igo. I dont have the patience to have many universal adapters. i prefer just one with a ton of coverage.

angry_geek
06-02-2009, 01:38 AM
as far as the targus... i havent had a chance to try one. Im curious to know if it power as many laptops as my igo. I dont have the patience to have many universal adapters. i prefer just one with a ton of coverage.

We're not knocking the igo. I checked out their site, and the price is way high. I paid $100.00 for my targus, and it came with about a dozen tips. I think it's 100 watt. I haven't had any problems with it powering notebooks. Some dells won't charge, but they'll still power on. The targus also came with a plane and car adapter.

PS. Introduce yourself.:)

riggs578
06-02-2009, 01:49 AM
We're not knocking the igo.
PS. Introduce yourself.:)

You guys can tear the igo adapters apart. If the targus is way better ill switch tomorrow. i just like what i have so far. the price is way high. i think it can power something like 1000 laptops.

ill introduce myself soon. i get very busy and its back to work for me.