PDA

View Full Version : HWmonitor please dont attack me.

hondablaster
05-27-2009, 06:07 AM
take a look and run it on your PC. Take 30 seconds.

http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

Is this on the UBCD??????? If not it should be. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beats out almost any other TEMP/VOLTAGE tool out there.

Download the zip and run it from zip no install required.

angry_geek
05-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Quick, get the torches and shovels!! Someone, get a rope!!:Djk

Actually, that is a very handy tool. I think it is on the ubcd, but I always just run it from my thumb drive. It's been around quite a while.

Edit: Not always entirely accurate, though.

abe
05-27-2009, 06:30 AM
why would anyone attack you, its a great find.

and BTW my first BSOD on win 7 when I tried opening cpuid of ubcd4win.

Abe

angry_geek
05-27-2009, 06:34 AM
and BTW my first BSOD on win 7 when I tried opening cpuid of ubcd4win.

That's interesting. Any ideas on what caused it? Have you tried running the download from your desktop? I wonder if it might be something to do with Win 7's DEP.

hondablaster
05-27-2009, 06:35 AM
I dont know if there is any tools that are perfect across all voltages and temps and RPMs given there are like 1,000,000 cpus mobos and graphics. If there is fill me in. I want to know.

But so far this has been a loyal and handy tool for me. My last temp tool did not work with my friends p4 prescot CPU furnace so i canned it. LOL This little guy is worth a shot if not your main temp reader a result verifier at a minimum.

Soon I will want to ask questions and I hope i can establish a good standing with some more experienced techs to further my career in this industry.

hondablaster
05-27-2009, 06:38 AM
It works perfectly off my windows 7 64 bit RC.

in about 10 mins im goin to try it off my UBCD cross my fingers this would be a let down if it didnt work.

BTW i could not find it on my UBCD. Unless I dont know what menu to use. I dont think it comes with the UBCD.

abe
05-27-2009, 06:41 AM
I was trying to run the cpuid main program not the hwmonitor, I wanted to see if the main sysinfo program has a hardware monitor included and that's when I got the BSOD.

angry_geek
05-27-2009, 06:42 AM
There's nothing that will do it perfectly. CPUID is probably the best all around utility out there. However, there are some DOS tools that may do it a little more accurately. CPUID is just real handy.

Ask away. Just be prepared if we rib you some or try to direct you towards or away from a line of thinking. We all get ribbed or dumped on from time to time. No big deal. We all love ya, but we're geeks. We show that love in confounding ways.:D

angry_geek
05-27-2009, 06:44 AM
I was trying to run the cpuid main program not the hwmonitor, I wanted to see if the main sysinfo program has a hardware monitor included and that's when I got the BSOD.

Hmmm, I'm going to have to try that in the office when I get a chance. Weird.

hondablaster
05-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Too late

im allready in my UBCD and it works with the UBCD i made with winxp

I found it post less information this is understandable seeing how UBCD probably doesnt load all the right drivers etc?

anyways here is a screenshot.

abe
05-27-2009, 07:12 AM
oops you misunderstood me, I didn't boot from the ubcd I used the ubcd4win on my win 7, if you insert the ubcd4win cd while windows 7 is running you get the ubcd menu overlapping the start button. thats where I tried to use the cpuid and it bsod the win 7.

Abe

rballard77
05-27-2009, 06:28 PM
This tool is a nice find. I just added it to my tool kit. Thanks for the link.

lawson_jl
05-28-2009, 01:42 AM
I've been using HWMonitor for quiet awhile now. The only issue I've ever has with it is that it says my 12volt is only 1.8volts. Of course that has to be wrong or I would be unable to use my computer.