PDA

View Full Version : Where Are The Stickies?

ProTech Support
05-22-2009, 10:57 PM
I really seem to stay in the "Business & Legal Issues" section, but I am sure it can be used all over.

How many times have we seen the same post about Remote Support Software, Credit Cards, Pics Of Your Store Front, & Vendors?

Just a suggestion......

reesk92
05-23-2009, 11:22 AM
yeah but if we stickied every common question asked then we would end up having to navigate through a page of sickies before we got to new posts

ProTech Support
05-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Yea I understand that, I don't think there should be 100 of them, but at least 5 or so. There are a lot of great posts that just get lost in the mix...should have someway to keep them around.

thepcdude
05-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Would it not be better to have a FAQ thread?

DanF
05-27-2009, 07:16 PM
That's not applicable to all threads. What kind of FAQ are you referring to?

The problem is that most of the time members do not use the search function, thus we end up with multiple threads. We should also keep in mind that although the question could be similar, it could be different in some way or another. For example, lots of new comers ask about legal stuff (that's what I did when I joined Technibble), but EU laws are different from US laws, so that requires a different thread with the same question. But this is just an example.

There's not doubt stickies are needed. They're like bookmarks :p

Would it not be better to have a FAQ thread?

thepcdude
05-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Well i have only been here for one day now. I am sure you have at least a few questions that seem to repeat themselfs, so just seeing if collating the most popular questions to a FAQ Thread :D