PDA

View Full Version : Technibble Mobile

angry_geek
05-01-2009, 07:41 AM
I admit I'm not a web guy, but wouldn't it be cool if we could post from our blackberrys and other smart phones. How much trouble would it be? Just a thought. Of course, we would probably never get any work done if we had a mobile site for the forums and home site.:)

iptech
05-01-2009, 07:51 AM
I admit I'm not a web guy, but wouldn't it be cool if we could post from our blackberrys and other smart phones. How much trouble would it be? Just a thought. Of course, we would probably never get any work done if we had a mobile site for the forums and home site.:)
Have you ever tried reading a forum from a hand-held? Try that first and you'll soon give up the idea of using one to actually post. Little screens are great for short emails, texts and twitters, but for forums and blogs you need a netbook as a minimum IMHO.

angry_geek
05-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Good point. I was just throwing it out there.

Methical
05-01-2009, 08:34 AM
I don't have a flash phone, but wouldn't this be of some use?
Click here (http://www.technibble.com/forums/archive/index.php)

computergeek1
05-01-2009, 11:38 AM
i have a cheap HTC620, it is a smartphone and i use this to post on this forum sometimes like i am doing now, so just use the forum how it is now and get a smartphone, i have no problem viewing posts or posting saves switching the computer on lol

abe
05-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Most of my posts are from my cellphone, and i think i discovered technibble using my palm centro, the only thing is the quick reply doesnt work, other then that its great.

computergeek1
05-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Most of my posts are from my cellphone, and i think i discovered technibble using my palm centro, the only thing is the quick reply doesnt work, other then that its great.

I second that, quick reply does not work for me as well, it great at night when you are lying down chilling and reading the forum at night.

NickCat11
11-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I wanted to reintroduce this suggestion to see if it was still a possibility :)

Bryce W
12-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I plan to do this but I think I need to run a poll or something to figure out what devices it'll need to support.

NickCat11
12-11-2009, 03:10 PM
I plan to do this but I think I need to run a poll or something to figure out what devices it'll need to support.

Blackberry!

Bryce W
12-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Try it on your Blackberry now. It isnt pretty but it will support most devices.

NickCat11
12-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Looks good. Is there any way to knockout the Commit advertisement on the mobile version? Not a big deal if not...

Bryce W
12-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Shouldnt show up in the mobile version as I havent added it yet. If you are looking at the mobile version it'll be text only.

NickCat11
12-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Unless I am doing something wrong I am getting images and everything when I load the site on my BB. I cleared my cache out as well.

NickCat11
12-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Is it a different web address like mobile.technibble.com?

Bryce W
12-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Hmm, its not detecting the Blackberry useragent it seems. You can force it by going to: http://www.technibble.com/forums/index.php?styleid=2

Press the "Full Browser Mode" link at the top to come back to this theme.

Ill look into Blackberry browser detection.

NickCat11
12-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Hmm, its not detecting the Blackberry useragent it seems. You can force it by going to: http://www.technibble.com/forums/index.php?styleid=2

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks!

SMocek
12-11-2009, 09:54 PM

Looks nice and clean on my Sprint Tour. Any chance of having a post preview?

Stan Mocek
Posted via Mobile Device

mortaltech
12-13-2009, 06:22 AM
how about the iPhone

mrfreeze574
12-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Looks great on my BlackBerry Storm 2! Thanks a lot.

-Freeze
Posted via Mobile Device

edgepcs
12-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Works perfect on my T-Mo G1 - albeit I had to put the address in manually to activate it. Of course the phone is designed for the full web but sometimes its nice not to have to wait a minute for a site to load! ;)

Bryce W
12-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Works perfect on my T-Mo G1 - albeit I had to put the address in manually to activate it. Of course the phone is designed for the full web but sometimes its nice not to have to wait a minute for a site to load! ;)

Yeah, I'm using the forums on my iPhone at the moment (on a train) and it's nice and zippy. I think I'll make the URL m.technibble.com/forums so that if you have a phone that has a full browser you don't have to use the mobile version. Also, if the script doesn't detect your phones useragent then it won't be a problem since the m.tech URL will always display the mobile version.
Posted via Mobile Device

NickCat11
12-16-2009, 12:15 PM
i think i'll make the url m.technibble.com/forums so that if you have a phone that has a full browser you don't have to use the mobile version. Also, if the script doesn't detect your phones useragent then it won't be a problem since the m.tech url will always display the mobile version.
posted via mobile device

+1