PDA

View Full Version : Having Trouble With Moving a File

Erogassa
05-01-2009, 05:59 AM
I want to move a folder from on my desktop into another folder on my desktop. It first asks me for permission to move the file and I click continue. However, mid-move a window pops up with a header of Destination Folder Access Denied. Then goes onto state, You will need permission to perform this action. And then states the name of the folder that I want to move the folder into and the date that folder was created. With the options Try Again, (which just pops the window up again) and Cancel. Can anyone tell me how to stop this from happening so I can move my folder? In case you didn't know I'm running Vista. Thank you.

If you would be so kind please email me an answer at Erogassa@gmail.com thank you.

atlanticjim
05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
I want to move a folder from on my desktop into another folder on my desktop. It first asks me for permission to move the file and I click continue. However, mid-move a window pops up with a header of Destination Folder Access Denied. Then goes onto state, You will need permission to perform this action. And then states the name of the folder that I want to move the folder into and the date that folder was created. With the options Try Again, (which just pops the window up again) and Cancel. Can anyone tell me how to stop this from happening so I can move my folder? In case you didn't know I'm running Vista. Thank you.

If you would be so kind please email me an answer at Erogassa@gmail.com thank you.

If a file transfer asks for permission, I found that I had to call Microsoft to obtain the permissions patch (MS KB 885409). Once I activated my TechNet subscription however, I found that I had full permissions.

Methical
05-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Threads like this are a waste of Bryce's bandwidth

Then again.. so is this post.. :D