PDA

View Full Version : Invoicing

oespinoz
04-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi,
I just starting new in this business.
One question came to my mind ....
How would you provide a receipt to a customer when you are at the customer location. What software and how do you keep track of all transactions.
Should I carry a portable printer?

Thanks!

K007
04-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I use TS Man http://www.blanchesoft.com
As for the receipt/invoice, if I am doing the job at customer's location, if there is a printer that is working, I will print it on his/her printer, if not, send it as PDF attachment by email.
I don't see the need to carry a printer with you.

angry_geek
04-24-2009, 06:35 PM
agree with K007. Portable printers are expensive to operate and a hassle most of the time. That being said, I am in the process of building a mobile workstation in my explorer with a standard inkjet printer. It's nice to be able to hand them something right on the spot. If I'm not sure of a job, I print a blank invoice and write in the work and amounts. I just record the invoice for myself on my laptop.

LunchBox
04-24-2009, 06:37 PM
I use TS Man http://www.blanchesoft.com
As for the receipt/invoice, if I am doing the job at customer's location, if there is a printer that is working, I will print it on his/her printer, if not, send it as PDF attachment by email.
I don't see the need to carry a printer with you.

Thanks for mentioning the app you use.

My question to you is, normally on an invoice there is a signature. Regardless of who signs, how do you get a signature on the invoice/receipt to I guess make it more legal? Do you use a table PC and sign on the screen?

K007
04-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks for mentioning the app you use.

My question to you is, normally on an invoice there is a signature. Regardless of who signs, how do you get a signature on the invoice/receipt to I guess make it more legal? Do you use a table PC and sign on the screen?

Not all invoices have signatures. That I know for sure.
The software I use provides a "Colection" receipt which can be signed by the reciever.
But that really makes sense when they leave their computer in your place/shop.
When you do it on-site, I don't see why should there be a signature.
You provide a warranty on your service anyway, so...

Canadian Tech
04-24-2009, 07:23 PM
All of my work is on site at their homes. What I do is print off 2 copies with customer name and address on it, then I use carbon paper so I have a copy of everything I write down. It works for me for now until I start to get really busy then I may have to have them printed up by someone.

oespinoz
04-24-2009, 10:45 PM
It will be of good help if anybody can provide me a list of services and prices to use with invoices. Not that I going to uses the price list, but it will give us an idea how to chege and the services being charged.
Thank you all.
I love this forum. Lots of help in here.

angry_geek
04-24-2009, 11:11 PM
It will be of good help if anybody can provide me a list of services and prices to use with invoices. Not that I going to uses the price list, but it will give us an idea how to chege and the services being charged.
Thank you all.
I love this forum. Lots of help in here.

This is already being discussed a little in another thread: http://www.technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6129