PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 VMWare Fusion

Syrup
04-09-2009, 08:29 PM
I did a quick search before posting this and didn't see anything related to the topic, however if I missed it, sorry for a duplicate post.

I'm currently dual-booting Windows 7 (build 7000) on my Macbook with the use BootCamp. Recently, I've been using VMWare Fusion to access the Windows 7 install since it can load the BootCamp partition. For a while it worked flawlessly and had no issues until recently. Now, when I attempt to start Windows 7 through Fusion, it'll go through the startup sequence and then jump into the 'Startup Repair' utility and just sits there 'Attempting repair...' I understand what the Startup Repair tool is supposed to do, I just can't seem to figure out why it responds to VMWare the way it does.

And just to clarify, if I start up the Boot Camp partition just itself, it'll load fine (it actually gives me the boot option to start the repair utility, or to just start normally).

So, I guess my question is, has anyone seen this? Has anyone encountered a problem with running Windows 7 through VMWare Fusion where the Startup Repair utility just sits there seemingly doing nothing.