PDA

View Full Version : An Excellent XP Resource

TechPro
11-26-2006, 02:14 AM
Im not too sure if this website has been mentioned here before but it has an A-Z of Windows XP problems, fixes, tips and tricks.

I have used it recently to look up a problem we had at work.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm

Bryce W
11-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah, Ive used that site on occasion too. Mainly when I have weird annoying Windows bugs/problems. Definitely a recommended website.

Methical
02-21-2009, 01:57 AM
Yeah Kelly's Korner has a heap of Registry tweaks for XP. If people have a combined list of favourites they like to add, i could possibly make a GUI if need be. I'm lookin' at developin' an AIO GUI for reg tweaks and batch files in the next weekend or two. Passed my VB .NET module a few months back @ course, so it shouldn't be too hard. Anyone interested?

purple_minion
02-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Yeah Kelly's Korner has a heap of Registry tweaks for XP. If people have a combined list of favourites they like to add, i could possibly make a GUI if need be. I'm lookin' at developin' an AIO GUI for reg tweaks and batch files in the next weekend or two. Passed my VB .NET module a few months back @ course, so it shouldn't be too hard. Anyone interested?

The more tools to add to my USB drive the better. Problem is keeping everything up-to-date. Then there is vista and soon winblows 7. Honestly, too much to keep track of.

Methical
02-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Thats why you take the time to organize and create AIO GUI utility programs for all your scripts/tweaks/fixes/repair tools for each OS. I have one for each of XP and VISTA, both are pretty much similar, but there are a few XP tools that don't work on Vista, like Dial-A-Fix for one. Haven't played with Windows 7 yet, I think I'll wait a while. Took me two years to try out Vista, didn't like the reviews it got until SP1 came out, and even then I was having my doubts. But no complaints from me yet, (no I don't want to start an argument about Vista :D) 'cept for UAC which is a pain.

But I would suggest take the time to organize, to save you time while your on-site. When I find a new tool that I think would come in helpful for repairing a computer, I play with it for a good while, get to know its interface, what it does, how long it takes to do what it does, and if it does a thorough enough job of its tasks or not; so that when I come to a problem, I know the right tool for the right job and how to use it.

Know anything that is really useful but isn't already widely spready on technibble?

NickCat11
10-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the site, the tweaks section is down though :(

1101doc
10-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Try this link: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm