PDA

View Full Version : Learning AutoIT for *free*

joe3k
04-05-2009, 01:50 PM
I realise more and more of us are getting interested in AutoIT. It seems like a great little program. Apart from the help files I was looking for somewhere to learn more about it.

I found this site, which has a nice download of AutoIt_v3-_Your_Quick_Guide.pdf. Listed under free download links:
*link removed by joe3k*
I have seen the same giude for $7.99 here: http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596515126/

Might be of use to you guys to get a copy.

Edit:
As mentioned by PatrickB, this may be pirating so I have removed the direct link to the www.addebook.com site which contained them.

Marius
04-05-2009, 02:10 PM
If I may add --->

AutoIt 1-2-3 Tutorial

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?autocom=downloads&req=download&code=confirm_download&id=100

PatrickB
04-05-2009, 03:00 PM
... an *ahem* free copy.

Very tempting, but why would this not be pirating? The links on the page mentioned are to file-hosting sites and not the main website. I doubt this was the book's author's intention.

-- Patrick B.

LunchBox
04-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I also have come across some PDF in the Oreilly website as free. You dont get the whole book you only get part of it.

joe3k
04-05-2009, 07:11 PM
No Lunchbox, the link I originally posted was to the full pdf. I guess if you searched that addebook.com site you'd find it, however I'm not going to condone it, as I'd say it's got to be a pirate copy.

LunchBox
04-05-2009, 07:45 PM
oh, the link the pdf I saw was or at least it seem to be like a chapter of a book.

I will check out http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/in...ownload&id=100 posted by Marious on my test laptop. It seems to be a tutorial you need to install.

How similar is autoit coding to VBS?

RitechSystems
04-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Between the help that comes with AutoIT and the forums, I really don't think a book is needed. Any question you have a search of their forums will help you find the answer and sample code.

It's really easy to learn.

Xander
05-19-2009, 05:32 PM
I didn't find AutoIt that hard too learn. Granted, I haven't exactly mastered it but I've done a ton of little scripts.

AutoHotkey is a very similar language. Some may find it more to their style. I might've but I came across AutoIt first and don't find a need to convert over.

gbutler288
06-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Howdy folks I'm new to the forum. I'm loving autoit been using it for a couple of weeks now. Stumbled on to the technibble site and thought I'd post a question. Anyone know of a way to copy a entire folder to multiple folders say on a serer. (e.g. I want to copy the MyDocuments folder to every folder on a Users$ Share folder) Any ideas? I figured out how to do from point a to point b that was simple. I can't seem to figure out how to do from point a to all points. If not its o.k. wanted to say hi anyway!

Jory
06-23-2009, 01:20 AM
The way I learned was by following the few examples that have been posted here. Then I used the included AutoITHelp.exe file and basically read through every function a few times. If you're familiar with any scripting languages, or solving problems from a coding standpoint you should be able to pick it up in few hours.