PDA

View Full Version : 2WIRE wirless access point

R Husak
04-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Wondering if anyone can help. I am using AT&T Uverse for my wireless internet.
What started happening is when I first turn on my computer in the morning and it boots into windows, down in the system tray it shows the network connection and it has a little yellow rectangular sign that say's it's identifying the network and it just hangs up at that point. When I go to network places and look at the connection it say's I am connected and the signal strength is good I just cant connect to the internet. What I have to do is shut down the computer, go in the other room where the WAP is and unplug it and then plug it back in and let it boot up then I turn back on the computer and I can connect no problems. Any help is greatly appreciated.:confused:

Comtech Solutions
04-03-2009, 08:27 PM
ip lease time? Is the mac address changing?

R Husak
04-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks, the mac address stay's the same. I did notice that when I cant connect that the IP address is set on Auto Config IPV4 and is a different address than when I am connected. As far as the lease when I'm not connected it say's nothing about the lease in the wireless connection status under details. When I am connected like now it say's lease obtained today and expires tomorrow.

Thanks

frostbyte5014
04-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Sounds like you are having DHCP problems. Either the AP is not giving you a new IP or you may have multiple DHCP servers on your network. What kind of configuration do you have. Is the internet modem providing DHCP or is the AP providing it. The best setup would be to put the modem in bridge mode and setup the AP to maintain the internet connection. This makes the modem transparent and puts the AP in charge.

R Husak
04-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks, I am not sure what type of config I have I will call AT&T on Monday and tell them what you said maybe they can walk me through it. In the past AT&T has not been helpful at all, they just have me reset the AP all the time. I don't think ATT tech support no's that much, kinda like me:)

Thanks Again.