PDA

View Full Version : How to compile or make a computer repait kit?

velkinz
04-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi guys!

Im new here and i been looking for a way to compile or make my own computer repair kit. The things i would like to know is what are the softwares needed and how to make them as one bootable cd so that it will be portable and ready to go whenever i have to be on site...

Thanks for your help and advice...

l337
04-02-2009, 10:51 AM
um welcome since ur new but keep an eye on which forums u post in eg " Technibble Forums > Site Stuff > Repair Tool of the Week Suggestions" isnt really the right place for this. and kinda makes me think ur a bot lol. but ur terms dont seem generic so im gunna answer u.

too make a bootable disc as in to bypass the need for an operating system all together u can get together ur tools and make a custom winpe disk or use a linux distro like knoppix and make a bootable disk there. u can also just get a collection of dos tools and use grub4dos as ur boot loader.

if however u meant a bootable cd in windows u probably just meant autoruning some software such as pstart.

just google some of the programs ive listed and find what u need.

velkinz
04-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks for your reply... ill be simple removing this post then and put it on the rite place...