PDA

View Full Version : Conflicker all Hype no substance

Galdorf
04-01-2009, 05:59 PM
So far i have not seen 1 copy of this virus in any machines i have cleaned i clean on average min 10 machines a day.

The news hype i think blew it out of perportion if it was as bad as they said i would have seen it by now.

ProTech Support
04-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I have not seen it once myself, and it looks like the big dooms day wasn't one at all.

One of the employees at my Sys Admin job is so paranoid that the Conficker is going to crash his computer that we are actually planning an April Fool's on him.

We are going to screenshot his desktop, hide all the icons and make the screen shot the background....then we are going to remote into his computer (Which he is unaware we can do) and launch a simple script that launches an error message (15 times) that says his computer is infected with the Conficker..........this should be intresting haha

Jory
04-01-2009, 06:30 PM
I actually had someone call me today and ask if there was anything they needed to do to stop the "virus". I told them they were fine and they didn't want to believe me because "it's on the news!".

I really wish the media would STFU when it comes to technical matters. They rarely if ever get it right, and it only confuses people more than if they didn't say anything at all.

04-01-2009, 07:18 PM
I don't really know, or care, if it was all hype. Maybe we're not seeing the impact of it yet....

Either way, I sent out an e-mail last night to business clients, telling them that they should already be protected and patched, and what to look for. I also mentioned that if something DOES happen, it's best that they just turn the infected machine off until it can be dealt with.
Mostly, I wanted to let them know that they don't really need to worry and that I'm here if something major does happen.

frostbyte5014
04-02-2009, 03:01 AM
I have not seen it either but I wish I had the forethought to do some marketing. I'm sure I could have sold a lot of malware and virus protection.:rolleyes:

purple_minion
04-02-2009, 03:12 AM
I have not seen it once myself, and it looks like the big dooms day wasn't one at all.

One of the employees at my Sys Admin job is so paranoid that the Conficker is going to crash his computer that we are actually planning an April Fool's on him.

We are going to screenshot his desktop, hide all the icons and make the screen shot the background....then we are going to remote into his computer (Which he is unaware we can do) and launch a simple script that launches an error message (15 times) that says his computer is infected with the Conficker..........this should be intresting haha

While this isn't exactly related, I came across this last night, If you could adapt it... it would be GREAT. Upside-down webpages and all! http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pete/upside-down-ternet.html

Afford-A-Tech
04-02-2009, 06:03 AM
same here i have yet to see conflicker, but i can say this, i have gotten alot of calls since the issue aired on the news. i got 12 jobs from it, I will be doing a check-up on there computers, and installing a AV on there computer along with the newest ms update that patches the security flaw.

TomSmug
04-06-2009, 04:27 AM
meh, Im sure its out there, but they said only a few million computers world wide are infected.... Im one person, and I got a ton of computers. so the percent of actual infected computers has to be pretty damn low.