PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto IV

nonchalant
03-29-2009, 08:25 PM
So is anyone here playing GTA4? I picked it up a few days ago and havent been able to put it down. Every now and then a game comes along that deserves a special mention in GTA4 is one of them.

See when I first heard a new GTA was out I thought "oh yea - played one, played them all" but this game is to the earlier versions of GTA what Crysis is to Tetris.

If any of you played 'Mafia' your going to love this game.

Unlike previous versions of GTA where you had a little stick figure running around, the overhead view is gone and the game has come alive where you really feel your in the game. Ive played for days and Im still only 35% through it.

This time theres missions galore as you play a new arrival in the US, from Russia, who quickly becomes a gangster. Of course the vehicles and weapons you get to start with are basic. A baseball bat is nice, but later you move on to Assault rifles and rocket launchers, and cars such as Lamborginis and Ferraris :)

If you get tired of the missions you can go browse the 'net in an internet cafe, check your emails, or find an online date hehe. Or you can go shoot some pool, or play darts with one of your gangster mates...literally.

I wont spoil the game too much more here but will say you have to get this game. The shootouts are the best Ive experienced in a game yet. Talk about intense. And the car chases (from the cops) are awesome. The longest chase Ive had so far was 15 mins but I plan to beat that ;)

03-29-2009, 09:09 PM
I've played it a bit, but I never really got into it. When GTA3 came out, I really only played it to drive around and listen to the car radio... :D
I bought 4, for some reason, and ended up just doing the same thing. I think I played through five missions, then got bored and started stealing cars just to listen to the music.

I don't really play games as much as I used to, and mainly only play downloadable games on the PS3.
I've also been going back and playing some SNES games like Super Punchout and Chrono Trigger that I missed.

nonchalant
03-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Yea I found it a bit ho hum for the first hour or so then as I started to make progress I really got into it. It has a great story line.

abe
03-29-2009, 10:50 PM
for me its tetris and pac man, I use the tetris built in to utorrent :) maybe i'll get some nice games in the summer.

bluenoise
03-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Any game that allows me to run into civilians and have them go flipping into traffic is an amazing game in any rate and deserves my hard earned cash! Oh, and the story is pretty good as well. :)

purple_minion
03-31-2009, 02:59 AM
I liked GTA when it was UNIQUE. Now everyone and their brother has a GTA game clone and it gets OLD. It is like National Lampoon movies... they USED to be good.