PDA

View Full Version : The tower

ipodman
02-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Hello,

When you are building a computer do you just go for the biggest computer tower you can find? Or do you build the computer around the motherboard etc?

Bryce W
02-23-2006, 11:23 PM
In most cases, I wouldnt go for the biggest case I could find, only as big as I needed (and thought I may need in the future). However with my current case I went for the one with the most bays as I have alot of harddrives so in this case I did go for the biggest.
Though size wasnt the only deciding factor, things that drew me to it was the side window, lockable doors, aluminium contstruction, water cooling ready and lots of places to put fans.

My Case: http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/kandalf/swa/va9000swa.htm

Durinthiam
02-24-2006, 04:40 AM
When you are building a rig, dont go by how big or how small it is, go by - what are you going to use it for. If you are a gamer who likes getting the CPU hot then go for a case that has a good airflow, like 120mm fans on front and back to drag cool air across the board, if you are a file sharer then think how many drive bays there are for all your hard drives :P I'm a mixture of both so I have big and airey :)

gunslinger
07-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Right now its a cooler master stacker 830 w/6 120mm fans

dracken
07-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Before I rebuilt my machine I had a huge Inwin case. When I upgraded I bought a gamers case.

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=379&l1=7&l2=37&l3=0

I prefer the larger cases for more storage area though.

Blues
07-22-2007, 09:40 AM
I base my cases on these things in this order of importance
1. Mother board type if it can't fit the board its no good
2. Air flow for cooler system
3. Drive space for multiple HDDs plus standard 1 or 2 optical drives
4. Asthetics(sp?) becuase while dracken that case might function well to me it is too ugly

A few other things may factor in like with my media center. I wanted certain physical dimensions but this didn't work out. I forgot to check the depth of where I was gunna put it but it all worked out. I like to try and make sure that I won't end up with cables being a mess and all cramped up.