PDA

View Full Version : WOOT.COM for Today (Sat 3/21/09)

MLCS
03-21-2009, 06:25 PM
What do you all think of the woot.com item for today? Any experience with the tool or the software before and any thoughts to share?

ebm
03-22-2009, 02:45 AM
I haven't personally used it but from what I recall it doesn't work in Vista. There are better tools out there to accomplish the same task.

Jory
03-22-2009, 03:45 AM
I haven't personally used it but from what I recall it doesn't work in Vista. There are better tools out there to accomplish the same task.

Like a $2 crossover cable. If the two computers have gigabit it'll even be faster than USB.

joe3k
03-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Don't quite agree with that Jory.
I personally also just use a crossover cable, but lets face it few residential pc's actually have gigabit nic's. Thus a usb transfer rate will be faster in most instances than a crossover cable.

Not quite sure if I actually like this device but I do like the concept of usb to usb, for faster transfer rates and no need for double copying if you use a pen drive or external hdd.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else uses such a device and can recommend a good one?

ebm I'd be interested to know which better tools there are out there to accomplish the same task that you refer to? I would consider obtaining such a device.

MLCS
03-22-2009, 10:06 PM
I went ahead and bought one since I didn't get a lot of feedback, I'll let you all know what I think once I get it. (Both the tool and the software)