PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Repair Business on a DVD

LunchBox
03-20-2009, 04:58 AM
I am not sure if I should laugh or not but it seems that anyone can come off the street with not computer knowledge what so ever, buy the DVD and start their very own PC repair shop.

It must be nice

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:TqgYigb6VbgJ:www.tazbar.com/Auction/LAPTOP_REPAIR_BUSINESS_ON_A_DVD__EARN_75000__PER_Y EAR_AuctionTjBlbXA4RzdLbmpiYnlxakhkNWZIZz090+Compu ter+repair+Business+names&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

NYJimbo
03-20-2009, 05:39 AM
Expect more and more competition now that so many people with IT skills are getting laid off. I know a guy who only writes database code who thinks he can repair computers and is starting his business next week.

Pretty soon we may be doing virus cleanup for $20 and dc jacks for $30. :(

LunchBox
03-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Yeah, my friend has been in customer service for over 10 years and doesnt know anything about computers and is now taking an A+ course and he will get the certificate (not the comptia a+) and will start a business. When he told me that I felt like kicking this teeth in. I got laid off twice and I cant get a job in IT due to the high number of techs in my area and my friend has the nerve to switch jobs.

PatrickB
03-20-2009, 02:35 PM
The inexperienced may take some of the easy jobs, but will likely also create issues that they cannot resolve. Experience wins!

Also, while many people shop only by price, word-of-mouth significantly influences customers. How do you get your customers?

-- Patrick B.