PDA

View Full Version : Recommended for servers?

MLCS
03-19-2009, 11:33 PM
What AV and Spyware programs would you recommend to a customer for a server? This customer is running Microsoft Server for small business 2003. Do any of you know the quality and price differences between our options and have any personal recommendations?

TimeCode
03-20-2009, 01:03 AM
What AV and Spyware programs would you recommend to a customer for a server? This customer is running Microsoft Server for small business 2003. Do any of you know the quality and price differences between our options and have any personal recommendations?

I have a server running AVG 8.0 SBS edition and have had great luck so far. Comes w/ protection for server and 5 more PCs.

seedubya
03-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Same here, all my servers are running some version of AVG SBS Edition. No problems with it. Servers tend to less vulnerable to viruses as they seldom interact with infected files directly; no internet surfing, direct email client, messenger, etc. A network worm is your biggest risk.

tartis
03-20-2009, 07:04 PM
AVG or Trend Micro.

geekhelp4u
03-20-2009, 08:34 PM
I use Avast! for my servers. I have come to the conclusion that I am fed up with AVG and its lack of performance and will never use their products again.

Menaice
03-20-2009, 11:23 PM
I use End Point 11 for all my servers

Jamb027
07-02-2009, 10:50 AM
There is various talks about encrypting laptops with apps such as Truecrypt, but what about the data on servers such as SBS 2003?

What is someone broke into the office and ran off with the server? Has anyone tried ecrypting the whole disk or partitions on a machine running a Microsoft server?

nj_computer_repair
07-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Trend Micro - Definitely NOT Symantec

TimeCode
07-02-2009, 03:05 PM
There is various talks about encrypting laptops with apps such as Truecrypt, but what about the data on servers such as SBS 2003?

What is someone broke into the office and ran off with the server? Has anyone tried ecrypting the whole disk or partitions on a machine running a Microsoft server?

I've never done it but here is some info on it. Most of my clients (sadly) don't see the importance of it. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457065.aspx

Doctor Micro
07-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Combines AV & AS, customizable client agents, manual or automated push deployment via AD. They're currently running a competitive upgrade special for $10 a seat up to 500 seats (5 seat minimum).

Check it out here (http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/).

*disclaimer* We're a Sunbelt Reseller, but if you buy any of their products directly from them based on our recommendation, we don't make any money or get any credit. Not looking for money here... I just like their product and am happy to recommend it.