PDA

View Full Version : buy hardware online?

bongo
02-22-2006, 06:36 PM
is it advisable to buy hardware online?i mean my friend got scam by buying a hard disk at a auction site and now the person disppeared..anyone experineces this before?

ipodman
02-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi,

Well I would only buy from reputable place on the internet and not just some site as there are not guarantees that the hardware will work.

Durinthiam
02-24-2006, 04:50 AM
Dont buy from eBay auctions unless you have checked out the sellers reputation, with online sales in general, if they are known to be OK then you can deal with them. Just search around and you will find good bargains for good quality products from people you can trust.

However if there is a small computer shop in your city then buy from them, because at the moment small shops are suffering from places like ebay. Just check that they are a limited company (ltd = the owner works for the name and cannot pocket the money and run)

MysteryMan
05-31-2006, 02:02 AM
One of my friend had a similar experience. He purchased some graphic card from an auction site and got scammed. But on the other hand I also know people who have bought hardware from such sites and didn't have any problems. Checking out the seller reputation is a good idea to ensure safety. I personally prefer buying such stuff from actual shops.

kamesh
06-03-2006, 03:22 AM
Well, there is always a circumspect if you are purchasing anything online. However, there is always a way to do it. Every enterprise will have its rating on the site where you purchase (for eg. ebay). You may see the rating to know abt its reputation...

Still, somehow, i dont believe in online purchasing, especially hardware/software.

Bryce W
06-03-2006, 06:44 AM
I perfer to buy things from the local stores personally. If things dont work I like to be able to take it back to a physical location and abuse someone. I would only buy hardware second hand on somewhere via ebay if it was cheap and in the worst case senario I dont loose too much money.

ebittner
07-18-2006, 11:08 AM
I would never buy hardware from a site that is not legit. I would only buy from sites such as newEgg or best buy I would never buy from an auction site that is dangerouse.

Netman
07-18-2006, 11:26 AM
I have never bought any hardware online becasue I too like to support my local shops and help them out a bit.