View Full Version : Entertainment system
02-22-2006, 05:26 PM
do it realli expensive to make my pc into a pc that can watch dvd and play games and the sounds effects is realli good?Around how much is needed? i think that it might take up to SGD $3500
02-22-2006, 08:41 PM
No its not that expensive, You could make quit a good computer with about $500 if you go shopping on eBay for all of your parts and build it yourself.
Personally, I would rather have a separate system doing the job of entertainment. Just give me a 5 Disc DVD player; and I'll be happy.
02-25-2006, 07:07 AM
If you invest in an MSI Megashuttle (which has CD player/radio and pc switcher) and a TV card then thats your base of an entertainment system. Then HD/CPU/HD/Screen/Speakers and your done, not too expensive either, about the same as a decent gaming rig
02-25-2006, 04:41 PM
It will probably take around $3500 if you really want to enjoy tv on your pc .
You will need this :
1. 10000rpm HDD atleast for improved performance.
2. Dual Core based CPU
3. TV Tuner/Encoder card with remote ofcourse.
4. 2 Gb ram (Yup its needed if your recording or encoding movie from your tv tuner card).
5. Atleast 2 200gigs hdd, cause encoding and ripping will take your space.
6. Good DVD burner ( oh will need dvd reader and burned if you want to increase life of your burner).
7.Good cooling System (playing movies will heat up your dvd or hdd whichever be the case).
8. Speakers ( not something extreme you can get good deals for less than 150$).
9. Video Card ( one with DVI and S-video out port and atleast 128 mb memory).
10. Good Sized (19" or 21" LCD (no crt wont do).)
Last but not the least battery for your remote as your remote will not come with the batteries as they are "Accessories Sold Seprately".
Now estimate the price of your rig.
Oh above system can blow your power grid also so be prepared for heafty bills also.
03-01-2006, 07:39 AM
If I have to spend that amount, I prefer to keep my computer like it's now, and use more my TV.
Except for the DVD burner, I won't buy anything of your list just for getting another TV.
Home cinema+DVD player+TV is enough to have a good time.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.