PDA

View Full Version : Website Template Designer

Simmy
02-07-2009, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't mind doing some more webdesign for customers as it's good money and fairly enjoyable once you get into the swing of things. The only problem I have is designing the template for the site as a) I'm crap at anything other than simple designs (see my site for example :p) b) because I'm not good, the design takes up alot of my time and c) I don't enjoy the design bit as I prefer the html/php/database part.

I'm looking to outsource the design of the website template to someone else. Does anyone else on here do something similar? Or would anyone on here be interested in doing this? I understand there are sites that offer competitions, where lots of people design a template and the best one gets paid.

I was hoping to do it on the following conditions;

As the work is being subcontracted, the rights to the template would pass to me once completed and paid for.
The template would mainly be html/css, but a flash/psd design might be required from time to time.

cmonova
02-07-2009, 12:49 PM
You can do a contest at forums.digitalpoint.com or you can hire someone directly based on previous work they have done.

TimeCode
02-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Simmy,

Let me know how this works because I'm like you... I suck at visual design but I enjoy the html/css of it.

stevenamills
02-07-2009, 03:28 PM
In my "someday" folder is:

http://www.artisteer.com/

This really looks neat.

Also, don't dismiss Wordpress - lots of good stuff and much of it free. It's becoming the web site of choice for many.

Andyuk2007
02-07-2009, 05:28 PM
I too know the coding side...well to a point but i suck at designing good sites.

rockhoptec
02-07-2009, 06:21 PM
If interested I do web design and development, if interested let me know and we can discuss this further. I have a portfolio to see some of my work at www.rockhoptec.com (http://www.rockhoptec.com).
I have done a lot of outsourcing designs before for other designers and completely understand time frame and the such.

Again if interested let me know and I am sure we can work something out.

Thank you,
Todd

Simmy
02-08-2009, 05:06 PM
That artisteer program is fantastic and exactly what I'm looking for. An instant template with loads of designs and colour schemes/layouts. Cheers Steven :)

Rockhoptec - I'll keep your services in mind. Do you do flash/sd designs? :)

Simmy
02-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Bump - I'm still looking for someone who can do this kind of thing.

Rockhoptec - I've emailed you regarding this, but not sure if you've received it yet? :)

rockhoptec
02-23-2009, 03:10 AM
Simmy, I emailed you back on Tuesday the 17th. I will forward you the email again.

If you do not get this PM me here so we can discuss further.

Todd